Any recommendations for an iPhone 6 case?

I

iMore Question

I've looked at some reviews for Fre Series, Outterbox and Spigen Heavy Duty. Any recommendations?

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: This will be my first iphone and I plan to get the small 6.

I, like many have more than a single case for my 6. You will be very happy if you are coming from the Android platform but remember this, all things do have certain limitations and you will need to do some customization to make it yours. Overall, iOS is the better platform

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

There all high end cases so you really can't go wrong

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

There all high end cases so you really can't go wrong

I agree with Kataran, these are high end cases and are all very good. Good Luck with your decision and ConGrats on your new iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

What many are doing is using the Otterbox Defender, remove the built in screen and put a nice glass screen in it's place. That's probably what I'll do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you get a case that will the protection and look that's satisfies your needs. You may have to go to a few stores to get a real feel of them, but I'm sure you'll find the right case for you. Good luck in your search.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I, like many have more than a single case for my 6. You will be very happy if you are coming from the Android platform but remember this, all things do have certain limitations and you will need to do some customization to make it yours. Overall, iOS is the better platform

I really enjoy the stability of iOS, but I love all tech and all OS. Not one OS prefect and all has benefits for different users.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I recommend you get a case that will the protection and look that's satisfies your needs. You may have to go to a few stores to get a real feel of them, but I'm sure you'll find the right case for you. Good luck in your search.

Why even answer? He is right back where he started with your rebuttal.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why even answer? He is right back where he started with your rebuttal.

It was not a rebuttal. It was a legitimate recommendation. Could I have told him a specific item to buy? Sure, but that would be based on what I like. Is it too difficult to go and check out a few cases in person, and choose one? The OP can use an electronic device, locate and sign in to the iMore Forums, create thread on his own but can't go and pick out a case for his iPhone on his own? Finally, where is your recommendation to the OP?

Last edited:

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Trentium, Incipio make excellent cases. However, as someone else suggested put a tempered glass screen protector on it and remove the film based one on the Trentium. Also Apple's cases are very good (a bit pricey though). Spigen Neo Hybrid is a pain to put on and remove.
Good luck.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Trentium, Incipio make excellent cases. However, as someone else suggested put a tempered glass screen protector on it and remove the film based one on the Trentium. Also Apple's cases are very good (a bit pricey though). Spigen Neo Hybrid is a pain to put on and remove.
Good luck.

This is an answer that would have and is acceptable. He was reaching out for something for such as this recommendation not that obi wan kenobi stuff that you gave him.

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've looked at some reviews for Fre Series, Outterbox and Spigen Heavy Duty. Any recommendations?

I have both the Otterbox Defender and Commuter depending upon what I'm doing. I've used both cases for countless generations of phones and I've never been disappointed. The Otterbox Commuter is my favorite because it offers good daily protection without being too bulky.