Any other Amazon Music users experiencing terrible audio quality?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I subscribe to both Apple Music (because it’s free through Verizon) and Amazon Music Unlimited (because I have a home full of Echos and some other unimportant reasons). On WiFi the streaming quality of both seem about on par. On cellular, as of late, there is a huge difference. Apple Music sounds great but Amazon Music sounds muffled and terribly compressed. I have them both set to stream at the highest available quality. I’ve done the usual things—uninstall & reinstall Amazon Music, hard reset, etc.—to no avail. It’s a VERY noticeable difference. I’m on Verizon and have a strong signal.
Anybody else here with first hand experience? I’ve completely stopped using Amazon Music in my car because I just can’t stand how bad it sounds.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had an answer for you, best I can tell you is that Apple Music uses the highest quality audio format aside from master tracks on Tidal. I looked into before, I get Amazon Music through Prime, it just doesn't have all the music I listen to so I rarely use it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I was listening to Amazon music in the car yesterday during the drive home (2 1/2 hours) and it sounded fine the entire time. We’re on the T-Mobile One plan.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW