Any issues after upgrading the iPad3? Should I wait?

suvlady

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How did everyone update, connected to a computer or not? Were they any issues with the iPad3 functioning properly after the updated software?

Just trying to decide whether to wait or go for it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 and I haven't noticed any problems after updating to iOS 6 from iOS 5.1.1.

jeallen1

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
How did everyone update, connected to a computer or not? Were they any issues with the iPad3 functioning properly after the updated software?

Just trying to decide whether to wait or go for it.

Thanks!

My battery life doesn't seem to be as good as it was on 5.1.1. It's slight, but noticeable. I have the 32Gb wifi model.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the initial WiFi bug, but everything seems to be working now. I have found one app that freezes at the startup screen (Flow Free), so waiting for an update.

Sent from somewhere

flyersfan76

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah NO PASSBOOK.

Thought it would be easier to load all my data with the big keyboard on the iPad but I guess some think not. :(

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Updated my iPad 3 over wifi. Only issue was the wifi issue but after reconnecting the network it works great. I only played with Siri a little. Added some appointments and reminders. Worked great. I will have the iPhone 4 for another 2 months so it was nice to check out Siri for the first time.

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Smooth sailing here. New iPad and upgraded over wifi. Upgrade went surprisingly quick.
Jump on in, the waters warm.

Darcer

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I have got very annoying problems after updating to iOS 6... I have an iPad 3 and it randomly reboots by itself (each time in different app, also in apples apps)... Any suggestions how to fix this problem ?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
No issues at all for me. Love Siri.

Only thing I miss is that YouTube is gone - and there is no app nearly as good so far on the iPad.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I finally updated my iPad 3 and 4S yesterday. Both devices are still running smooth after the update. Battery life is still very good on both.

VZWBB

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My only issue is what used up about 1.5 more GB of space? Its not a super huge deal for me, but it is making me consider removing all of my music from my ipad (assuming I can just put it on an iphone5 and sync it seperately).

When I started the process I had 3.7 GB left. Finished I had 2.2 GB. Now the download stated it was about 1 GB, but I assumed it would "replace" not add that. Just seems odd that removing google maps and youtube, and adding in siri and apple maps has used that much space.

I've had no other issues though, but I haven't done anything as I did the DL last night as I slept. There must be some way to recover some of this space from "other"....I dunno what other is!

Edit: What is even more odd, is that the available memory as listed on the ipad is 4.2 GB. Why the descripency from itunes I wonder?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro