Any interest in Powerbeats Pro?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Seeing some buzz that, if the extra money needed to buy them isn’t an issue, would be a better choice than the second gen AirPods.

Honestly, I have the first gen, and there just isn’t enough for me to upgrade mine. Not even going to bother with the wireless charging case. They’re nice when I’m lounging around, and want to listen to music.

But, I don’t even bother using them to work out with. Reason one, I’m afraid they’ll pop out on my bike with a big enough bump, and I won’t be able to retrieve it. Reason two, not sweat resistant. That’s why I would be leaning towards the Powerbeats.

I have a pair of the Bose SoundSport Free wireless buds. They are quite secure in my ear. The only time one came out on the bike was when I hit a groundhog last summer while I was doing 17 MPH. I went over the handlebars, got roadrash on my left arm, a large contusion on my right thigh, and cracked 2 ribs. So, one bud popping out wasn’t a shock. Sound quality is awesome. Controls are actually fairly easy to use. Battery life on the buds themselves is good, but the charging case isn’t what I would like.

I haven’t decided if I am going to switch. But, if I hear about battery life in the case being better, and the fact that the Powerbeats will be using lighting charger, I am going to consider it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not interested —- at least not at this time. I’m currently using a pair of Jabra Elite earbuds and they’re okay, but I plan to replace them soon with more than likely another pair of Bose earbuds - perhaps the ones you mentioned.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The Powerbeats Pro do look like a potential option.

With nine hour battery life and quick charge top off, I could see them in use all day at work. Recently my work schedule has been 0630-1700, with an hour or so for the gym and post workout shower, then back upstairs to work (since there is a gym in the basement). So while that's more than nine hours, a quick charge would keep them going.

All day comfort and general wear-ability is something I'd need to better understand before purchasing, though.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use both the Bose Soundsport Free & Powerbeats, so I would love to have the Pros. They would definitely work well when I do sports drills & other high intensity workouts.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Nope. My ears don't like the in-ear buds and ear/airpods are probably the only ones that don't cause me any pain and fit perfectly.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking "maybe" until I saw Lory Gil's review of them on the latest "iMore Show". I'm not a fan of pumped up bass, so if I invest in wireless headphones, it will probably be AirPods... but I'm worried about the comfort. I would have to check both out to be completely sure.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking "maybe" until I saw Lory Gil's review of them on the latest "iMore Show". I'm not a fan of pumped up bass, so if I invest in wireless headphones, it will probably be AirPods... but I'm worried about the comfort. I would have to check both out to be completely sure.

For me the AirPods fit just like my EarPods. Actually better because the cords don’t pull them out of my ears. If EarPods fit ok then AirPods will got better. At least in my experience

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
From everything I’ve seen, the improvements between AirPods one and AirPods two isn’t worth it to me, since I already have the first ones. And, I’m not sure that I am going to get the Powerbeats. If I get one, it will probably be the Powerbeats, as a replacement for my Bose SoundSport Free. But, I would probably wait until early next year, and see if the price dropped some.

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
My AirPods haven't fallen out once so I don't know what the appeal is unless you want to go swimming in them. What happened to Apple's headphones? I'll happily drop some money on those if they ever see the light of day.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the Powerbeats pro because I like the pumped up bass and wanted longer battery life . It also helps I want to go to the gym so it helps there as well. I sold my first gen AirPods and I don’t regret it . They sound better and isolate sound

CWH85

Jul 24, 2019
Visit site
I just bought a pair of Powerbeats Pros from t-mobile after returning the Airpods; they would not fit securely in my ear. The Pros are amazing so far! They fit snug and have the features of the Airpods. I will be able to put them through the paces tomorrow at work.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a pair. Aside from the initial adjustment regarding the comfort, I’m pleased with them. They sound great and battery life is awesome. I don’t hear the exaggerated bass people mention. Audio sounds great to me.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I recently got a pair. Aside from the initial adjustment regarding the comfort, I’m pleased with them. They sound great and battery life is awesome. I don’t hear the exaggerated bass people mention. Audio sounds great to me.

Yeah, I decided to give them a go after I got my anniversary bonus at work. I actually would like a touch more bass. Other than that, sound quality is great, battery life is awesome. Comfort was never an issue for me. I own a pair of Powerbeats 2. Comfort wise, they are about the same.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I decided to give them a go after I got my anniversary bonus at work. I actually would like a touch more bass. Other than that, sound quality is great, battery life is awesome. Comfort was never an issue for me. I own a pair of Powerbeats 2. Comfort wise, they are about the same.

Errr why more bass ? It’s plenty ... a bit more would just muddy everything else and they aren’t the clearest as it is. Sony WF-1000XM3 sounds better with ANC to boot as well. Any more bass and this probably be classified “classic beats”

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
To me, they just sound a little flat. It’s not much. But, with some songs, it feels like a touch more bass punch would be nice.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
To me, they just sound a little flat. It’s not much. But, with some songs, it feels like a touch more bass punch would be nice.

It’s far from flat imo. Maybe fit ? To me a tad to much bass. I honestly only use these for the gym or at work since I am near a sink and it’s IPX4 rating is better then no rating. The Sony WF-1000XM3 is my go to

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73