Any former Android owners?

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Slightly different perspective... I really like iOS, but couldn't be as productive for a few selfish reasons.

I could switch to iOS and be happy, but am happy that I don't have to at this point. For now, I am content to use iOS devices on the side.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of a former owner...I still have a android, but I use my iphone as my main phone (its my favorite). Android was my first choice after my bb...but then I got seduced my iphone.

youstink

Oct 26, 2013
twitter.com
Yes from the g1 to the s4. Got tired of crappy apps, bs updates, force closings, crappy made phones, crappy cameras.
On June 26 I took every android devise from phones to tablets to AT&T for buy back and only paid $38.67 for a 32g 5, 128g retina iPad, and 32g mini. And flipping love every devise. Glad I left android for iOS

I'm glad I left android and came to iOS

tbuzleski

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am one. Had the original Droid, Fascinate, Droid X2, Razr M, iPhone 4S and now on my second iphone 5. I like android but I like my iPhone 5 better all around in terms of audio quality and camera quality and build quality and convenience in sharing. Every android I had has one or more elements of those but Apple satisfies me the most considering all areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dustrho

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Former Android user here. Had MyTouch3G, MyTouch4G, G2 and then the Nexus. Loved my phones and Android, and was into rooting all my phones & flashing ROMs on them. Switched to iPhone 5 to simply enjoy using the apps on the phone & spend less time customizing. Happy I made the switch.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Ive had damn near every android phone on verizon up until recently and ive tried a couple wp8 devices while i like how android is so open and customizable it also brings issues with it, and wp8 is pretty cool but not many apps or anything so i decided to make the move back to an iphone5 again after selling my droid razr hd then went to the moto x sold it and came back once again to an iphone 5 and im here to stay with apple as a whole through out the house and have got several family members on ios as well

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I seem to go back and forth over the last 4 years. Started with android on the OG droid then the droid x. A botched upgrade on the x pushed me to iPhone 4 then 4S then 5. I got the itch again in April and got the note 2. I love that phone. It's fast and powerful. There's no lag or any issues. All I did was install nova launcher and it's been smooth sailing. The only negative is it's a little too big. I've been using my iPhone 5 again because it's handier to carry. I would love the note 2 in a smaller package but the S4 isn't it. I tried the droid maxx last week and it had issues with ear volume and reception. I find myself switching back and forth between the note and iPhone depending on what I need. I love both platforms but you're more likely to get better quality control with Apple in general. Having choice is nice.

Luke pruitt

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Eris
Incredible
iPhone 4
Droid X2
iPhone 4s
Galaxy S3
iPhone 5

That's my smartphone history, notice a schizophrenic tendency there? I like android for a while, then I want iOS for a while. Crazy but that's me. The reasons for each have all been repeated many times in this thread.

Beauty, elegance, smoothness, better apps, no glitches, crashes, or freezes=iPhone

Root, modify, custom ROMs=Android

Glad both options are there.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I seem to go back and forth over the last 4 years. Started with android on the OG droid then the droid x. A botched upgrade on the x pushed me to iPhone 4 then 4S then 5. I got the itch again in April and got the note 2. I love that phone. It's fast and powerful. There's no lag or any issues. All I did was install nova launcher and it's been smooth sailing. The only negative is it's a little too big. I've been using my iPhone 5 again because it's handier to carry. I would love the note 2 in a smaller package but the S4 isn't it. I tried the droid maxx last week and it had issues with ear volume and reception. I find myself switching back and forth between the note and iPhone depending on what I need. I love both platforms but you're more likely to get better quality control with Apple in general. Having choice is nice.

I have been using my iPhone 5 most of the time but I still love my Note 2 as well. I do like being able to use the 5 with one hand and my family is all on iOS so that is a big deal too. I have used them all but my favorites are the iPhone 5 and Note 2. Don't have the option for the 5S or Note 3 but would like either or both.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

bagsarun

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been using galaxy s2 samsung for almost 2 years. Switched to iPhone 5 a month ago. Glad I switched to iPhone. The batter life on my s2 was horrible and I love the fact that iPhones battery is way better than my s2. I also like the overall look and feel if my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iHalifax

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the BlackBerry 9900 and then switched to the Samsung Galaxy SIII and believe it or not I enjoyed my BB more. However when I made the switch to the iPhone 5 that all changed and I finally became a problem free mobile user that enjoys the iPhone experience!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods