Any former Android owners?

2ohit

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I use both. For me, it's an 'and' option rather than 'either - or'. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. I experiment a lot with my Android, not at all with my 4s. And both of them live happily together :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
What features are you missing? I always hear about this missing feature set, but I use a Nexus 7 as my tablet, and while iOS is very different, it handles it?s own. The only "feature" I find missing is the inability to set default apps, but that has more to do with Apple?s philosophy than anything else. So what would you like to see on iOS?

Things I would miss if I went back to iphone would be a lot of the things my GS4 does do,,,,,,,,,, LED notifications, the bigger size screen, the texting with predictive words makes texting a breeze, ability to play most formats of video and audio, the HD screen ratio, true HD vids on YouTube, ability to import and play most all formats into my GS4, the slow motion video recording gets used a lot on my GS4 (all thou I have seen rumors the iphone might start including a slow motion video recording feature).

Those are just few of the things that come to mind immediately of what I would miss if I came back to the iPhone.

Yes, there are some things I miss about the iphone but they are out numbered by the things I would miss about my GS4.

Like many here I'm just waiting to see what Apple comes out with,, I'm not married to either iOS or Android,,,, Apple has just lagged so far behind and I am truly bummed about that,,,,,, I really was a hardcore Apple junkie up untill this last year.

After I jumped ship from the iphone it didn't take me long to figure out why so many others have done the same.

Next on my shopping list is the rumored Samsung 12" tablet for October release,,,,,, but then again,,, if the rumored 13" ipad happens that will for sure be on my must buy list.

As far as phones,,,,,, I could go back to the iPhone,,, but to get me back Apple has to start doing what they used to do with innovations and cool impressive usefull features.

It's kinda sad to see Apple getting its **** kicked by Android right now,,,,,, but the reality is that's what's happening right now.

Cheers
Davyo

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Things I would miss if I went back to iphone would be a lot of the things my GS4 does do,,,,,,,,,, LED notifications, the bigger size screen, the texting with predictive words makes texting a breeze, ability to play most formats of video and audio, the HD screen ratio, true HD vids on YouTube, ability to import and play most all formats into my GS4, the slow motion video recording gets used a lot on my GS4 (all thou I have seen rumors the iphone might start including a slow motion video recording feature).

Those are just few of the things that come to mind immediately of what I would miss if I came back to the iPhone.

Yes, there are some things I miss about the iphone but they are out numbered by the things I would miss about my GS4.

Like many here I'm just waiting to see what Apple comes out with,, I'm not married to either iOS or Android,,,, Apple has just lagged so far behind and I am truly bummed about that,,,,,, I really was a hardcore Apple junkie up untill this last year.

After I jumped ship from the iphone it didn't take me long to figure out why so many others have done the same.

Next on my shopping list is the rumored Samsung 12" tablet for October release,,,,,, but then again,,, if the rumored 13" ipad happens that will for sure be on my must buy list.

As far as phones,,,,,, I could go back to the iPhone,,, but to get me back Apple has to start doing what they used to do with innovations and cool impressive usefull features.

It's kinda sad to see Apple getting its **** kicked by Android right now,,,,,, but the reality is that's what's happening right now.

Cheers
Davyo

I Dont agree with the getting kicked. Only one phone has sales comparable with the iPhone and that is the galaxy series. It was never reasonable to expect iOS to compete and outsell the sum of all the other OEMs (thousands) that exist and use the Android platform. Apple is still doing quite well for itself, it does however have to face the possibility of not doing well in the future. The ball is in their court, let's see what is their next move.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
kinda sad to see Apple getting its **** kicked by Android right now,,,,,, but the reality is that's what's happening right now.

I am in no way devoted to iOS or Android either, I like whatever works best for my needs.

I assume you're talking in shipment numbers? If so of course android will kick apple. I really hate all the articles saying android shipments outnumber apple so iOS is doomed. Of course android shipments are going to outnumber iOS because how many Android handsets are currently out compared to iOS?

If you were to take just specific phones. For example the iPhone 5 and compare it by shipments to just a single Android phone the numbers wouldn't be so swayed in Androids favor.

So by Apple currently selling 3 iPhone models and Android having so many who knows how many there are is rather impressive what apple's shipment numbers are compared to android.

Another thing that's unfair to Apple is people say the iphone is only selling because it's made by Apple. Does that really matter? Whether or not they're selling because of the Apple logo or not a sale is a sale. Apple has huge profit margins on all its products but Apple is a business, it's their job to make money and they make huge $$$. The general consumer knows you can buy a Windows computer or an android phone/tablet for a lot cheaper but they still choose apple therefore for Apple to lower its prices would be dumb on their part, they're making money which is what businesses are supposed to do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

pl0323

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Android phone and am seriously considering switching to the Iphone 5. The rest of the family has Iphones (one 5 and two 4s phones) and the apps seem to just work so well with the phone. Iphone owners seem to be happy. I've met more then one iphone owners with their 2 year old phone that isn't even considering upgrading to something else. For those that have Android experience and switched to iOS, how's that working for you? Any advice you can give is appreciated.

If you like flashing Roms and tweaking stick with Android. Iphone is great out of the box. I've had 6 or 7 Androids before switching to iphone.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I think all O.S. are pretty impressive. You will especially notice this if you are over 50 and remember phone booths and shoe-box sized "portable" phones.
I have used many Android, iPhone and BlackBerry devices and for a while there, I was switching between my iPhone 4s, BlackBerry 9930 and Galaxy S3 about every 2 weeks to see just how much I missed the other phones features or performance and what I came away with is that some people love to sit around customizing, tweaking and generally playing with the device in order to make it "better". Android allows you to do just that like no other phone. Lagging and crashes and issues seem to be dealt with by more customizing and searching for "the app" that will fix this and fix that. Some people love to do that. Nothing wrong with that if you enjoy spending a lot of time glued to your phone. They enjoy the "fixing" and "solving the issue" part of owning an Android and that's fine. I finally realized that I was paying way too much attention to my Android phone than I thought was normal. BlackBerry was a very good simple phone but it lacked many apps that I require for work. So far, I've ended up using my iPhone 4s because it is a very simple phone that does not present me with problems to solve in order to use the phone as it was meant to be used. I don't have to think about it. I just use it and it does what I need it to do.

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a Droid Incredible 2. I loved that phone. It had all the features I needed, global, perfect size, even a built-in FM radio. I loved it, but with the lack of updates and the phone soon becoming very laggy, I figured it was time to make a switch. I was going to switch to Blackberry because I thought that BB10 was just outstanding but decided to go with the iPhone 5 and am really glad I did. Since I aleady had iPods, an iPad, and a MacBook, my iPhone fit right it and worked seamlessy with them. You really can't go wrong as the iPhone will get plenty of updates and support and is a widely used phone so I think you would like it. And thats just my two cents...

pinero24

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I literally just switched to iPhone 24 hrs ago and regret nothing. Faster phone clearer screen and better more efficient apps. I'm glad I finally made the switch I love my iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Been to Android and back..... More hype then anything.... had to do more to any device I have ever owned to work GOOD out of the box...

​iPhone 5 - No issues.

This is so true a out the iPhone 5 I am truly amazed how well the device responds and the apps work well and don't crash.
There are a few thing missing that google has but not enough to switch back. Hopefully IOS 7 improves on these shortcomings in the near future.

Warcake

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Android phone and am seriously considering switching to the Iphone 5. The rest of the family has Iphones (one 5 and two 4s phones) and the apps seem to just work so well with the phone. Iphone owners seem to be happy. I've met more then one iphone owners with their 2 year old phone that isn't even considering upgrading to something else. For those that have Android experience and switched to iOS, how's that working for you? Any advice you can give is appreciated.

I go back and forth between both OSs, and the main reason I prefer the iPhone is because of the apps and 3rd party peripherals support. I'm generally okay with how both OSs operate, it's just that android has seriously crappy apps.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the itch switched to the S4 for about 3 weeks. It was a great device but the deal breaker for me was it was KILLING my data plan.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I got the itch switched to the S4 for about 3 weeks. It was a great device but the deal breaker for me was it was KILLING my data plan.

How would that be any different on the iPhone or any other smartphone out there for that matter? I have an S4(waiting for a bigger iPhone!) on a 2gb plan but I have no problem's staying within my data allowance.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
How would that be any different on the iPhone or any other smartphone out there for that matter? I have an S4(waiting for a bigger iPhone!) on a 2gb plan but I have no problem's staying within my data allowance.

I have no idea what was going on neither did Verizon they told me if I went over I wouldn't be charged for it. But I had used 1.7gb in a week that's horrible. I did the same with that phone as I do with the iPhone.

remipmc

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
looks like you have a lot of replies already, but i can say the switch was fine for me. i was an OG android user, all the way back to the G1. I took the leap after the Evo 3D, went to a 4S and have not looked back except on occasion to stay up on what's new and possibly for back up phone considerations. Overall, yes the apps seem more polished and pleasing to the eye. The main attraction was subscribing to itunes match. it allows me to match any of my "acquired" music to the itunes collection and immediately grants any other device (my phone, mac mini, wife's phone, ipad) access to stream/download pretty much instantly after being matched (or uploaded if no match is found). This makes overseeing our collective music library very easy for me since they are constantly in sync, with no further administration needed. this is a big deal for me since we are close to breaking the 10K song mark. trying to keep all these devices up to date manually was hassle, and we are getting to the point where we exceed the memory capabilities of most phone hardware (iOS or Android - even with sd cards). this is where itunes match really becomes essential. Our library is roughly 45GB, and at the current growth rate will exceed the 64GB threshold within a year.

leannza1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I used a Galaxy S3 for six months. I got in in February and decided to sell it a few weeks ago. Before I went to Android I had used iPhone several years, first a 3G, then a 4. To be honest I was tired of iOS and wanted to see what Android was all about. I really like how Android can be customized, but I am an iPhone girl. For one, I got sick of trying to find a way to put my iTunes music onto the Android phone (tried a few solutions and finally gave up and just used Pandora on my S3). My pictures were NEVER in the correct order on the S3, even when I rearranged them myself using Picasa Web Albums. That drove me crazy because I like my pictures to be in order by date. I also never could find a decent reminder app for Android that imitated Due, the app that is a must have for me on iOS. I even missed using iMessage. The reasons I've listed may sound crazy but they're important to me. I moved to another state at the beginning of the year and had some electronic products that needed to be sold on eBay, so I sold those and bought a new factory unlocked iPhone 5. I've had it a week and am very happy with it. I don't care if a new iPhone is coming out pretty soon. I'm happy with what I have and am glad I switched back. It's like coming home after being in an unfamiliar place for awhile. Everything just works. I don't have to think about it. I consider myself to be tech savvy and I enjoy technology, but I didn't want to constantly be thinking about how to accomplish what I wanted on my phone. I wanted it to just work. For me, iPhone does. I don't hate Android and I don't like to start "iOS vs. Android" wars like some people. For me it's just all a matter of what I'm used to, and I suspect it's that way with most other people too. :)

moshe5368

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Like many of those posting before, I have a mixed household. iPhone 5, iPad mini, Samsung stellar, Asus transformer tf300, and, last but not least, an HP touchpad. All of these are great devices for their intended use. I run a trucking business and there are a few android specific apps for trucking that are not available for iOS. Having been around many different operating systems and using them for years, I love the simplicity of iOS. As others have said, it just works. I'm especially excited to see iOS 7 bringing in some features I miss from webOS such as the large screen previews. I still love and use my touchpad on a regular basis but iOS seems to fill most of my needs.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I've just all over the place as far as operating system goes.

I started my journey with BlackBerry back in 2007 with a pearl. Upgraded to a 9000 then a 9700. Finally gave in and tried the iPhone 3G. Went over to Palm for awhile with the Pre+ and Pre 2. Switched to the iPhone 4 then upgraded to the 4S and eventually the 5. (I have also had a Windows 6.5 and 7 phone but had them for under a month. Along with a HTC Android phone) Had the blackberry Z10 for awhile but decided it wasn't for me. App store is still far to young, but I returned one day to late so they forced me to use the upgrade then and there.

I gave Android it's first real shot with the HTC One. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the system, but it slowly grew on me that it wasn't the operating system for me. Crapware, 3 separate apps for music, not getting updates as Android gets them, build quality isn't anything near what Apple has. Just little things kept popping up that bug me.

So tomorrow my iPhone 5 will be back in my hands.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Me! I have had a hero, evo, evo 3d, evo 4g, galaxy s3. I will say that I wasn't on android initially by choice, it was because I was tired of BB and the iPhone wasn't available on Sprint. I did dump my 4s for the Evo 4g because after finally getting an iPhone I was slightly bored and was annoyed that the same apps I could get for free from google play were $ on the app store but I immediately regretted it. I decided to try out the s3 before going back to iPhone and while I liked some aspects half of the features that were selling points on the phone never worked correctly for me so I held on to it until the 5 was released and I haven't looked back. I am really excited for iOS 7 but I will take a phone that works, made from glass/metal instead of 5 cents worth of plastic and can hold value for resale over a little customizing any day. I will be buying the 5s but that is because I am switching carriers but if I wasn't I would still be very happy with my 5.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Me! I have had a hero, evo, evo 3d, evo 4g, galaxy s3. I will say that I wasn't on android initially by choice, it was because I was tired of BB and the iPhone wasn't available on Sprint. I did dump my 4s for the Evo 4g because after finally getting an iPhone I was slightly bored and was annoyed that the same apps I could get for free from google play were $ on the app store but I immediately regretted it. I decided to try out the s3 before going back to iPhone and while I liked some aspects half of the features that were selling points on the phone never worked correctly for me so I held on to it until the 5 was released and I haven't looked back. I am really excited for iOS 7 but I will take a phone that works, made from glass/metal instead of 5 cents worth of plastic and can hold value for resale over a little customizing any day. I will be buying the 5s but that is because I am switching carriers but if I wasn't I would still be very happy with my 5.

If I may ask what carrier are you switching from and to who are you switching? Just curious as my contract with VZW is up in two weeks.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
If I may ask what carrier are you switching from and to who are you switching? Just curious as my contract with VZW is up in two weeks.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

I have Sprint and I plan on switching to VZW. I am tired of having slow data and having to use wifi (I still would while I am at home but when you have unlimited, you shouldn't have to) , billing problems and rude customer service when I have to call in about something they caused. My final straw was when the new surcharges have gone up to almost $20 on my account and they took my discount off my account and that was the one final thing holding me to them. For my needs and usage history I will be saving a few bucks on vzw and will actually have service that works all the time so even if I was paying more I would gladly pay it

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro