Any decent iOS email clients that can provide faster IMAP mail notifications?

mike.strock

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
One of the things that drives me back to Android is email notification for my work IMAP account.

With Android, I get almost instantaneous alerts when mail comes in. With iOS, it takes quite a while for the notification to occur.

I'm willing to pay for the privilege, if necessary, but I really would like a decent email client that will give me fast notifications of incoming mail on an IMAP account.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
On first use. Easy to set up email accounts. Has an option to block and/or unsubscribe from emails.

Also when sending a email there is a setting to allow a certain amount time to not send that email just in case so etching is forgotten to add in that email.

The application is FREE.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That’s because google doesn’t support imap for gmail on apples email app.

You have to use a third party app.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
i don’t know when it changed or if it did. I do not pay for GMail. I have used both Google Exchange and in recent years just GMail.

Previously only paid gmail users or business g apps account could use imap for gmail on the apple mail app. Everyone else has to download the official gmail app or use a third party for imap access.

Are you sure your gmail is accessing imap and not pop on your non-business gmail account?

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Previously only paid gmail users or business g apps account could use imap for gmail on the apple mail app. Everyone else has to download the official gmail app or use a third party for imap access.

Are you sure your gmail is accessing imap and not pop on your non-business gmail account?

Yes, it is.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
IMAP is the current default for email. POP3 is outdated. Apple just stopped allowing true push notifications from Gmail, so you need a third party email client to get push from Gmail. I use Spark.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
IMAP is the current default for email. POP3 is outdated. Apple just stopped allowing true push notifications from Gmail, so you need a third party email client to get push from Gmail. I use Spark.

It’s a google limitation, google business works fine getting mail pushed to apple mail.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Google does allow push, Apple doesn't allow Google push in Apple Mail. Push works just fine in third party clients.

If you pay for gmail through google business you get push in apple mail. Google just doesn’t allow it for non business gmail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73