Any 6 Plus Users Moving To A Different Phablet Other Than The 6S Plus?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's my point, on an iPad you can have a full app open in split view and then Messages on the other side with the video towards the top of the messages frame and still hold a conversation with it playing. On a Note, the phone is borderline useless with that up and you're better off just using the Video App in Split Screen view on top of the other app you're running. If you're running two apps plus the video, it will almost completely cover one of them.

I just never found it that useful when I had a Galaxy Note, so I never used the feature. I guess if you want to keep playing the video while you quickly check on something that's useful (as most video players will pause video if you background them, which is a logical thing to do), but for multi-tasking I always found this worked better on Samsung's Tablets than on their phones.

I think the same regarding split screening apps, as well. Works much better on a PC or Tablet than on a Phone. There just isn't enough real estate for it to be much more than a vanity feature.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
A thousand times this. You don't know how many debates I shut down by simply asking the other person when they used a device and for how long they used it. Smh.

Sent from my Galaxy Note5 using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm likely to go from the 6 Plus to the Note 5. The camera upgrade on the 6S Plus is an upgrade in resolution only, and a clear downgrade in low light with near imperceptible differences in daylight quality and the same overbearing image processing. I want the ability to do RAW and avoid the camera's JPEG Processing for shots I care a bit about (No, I'm not carrying another camera + a phone).

Additionally, I cannot take anymore the tight cropping of video in the iPhone. It crops into the video more than any other phone I've ever used due to the DIS algorithms that you cannot toggle off. I was in Starbucks the other day with a friend and I compared my iPhone to his Galaxy S4. His Phone (with Image Stabilization: On) had a better field of view than my iPhone 6 Plus and don't I miss that toggle to turn it off so that there is a toggle to turn it off to get the full field of view on the device.

Any phone with OIS should have a toggle to turn off the Digital Image Stabilization. Part of the benefits of OIS isn't just for low light photography. It's cause it allows you to record video with less shake and avoid the deep cropping of Digital Video Stabilization Algorithms. Desktop Software does that a LOT better than Apple's phone software. They crop into the footage *less* while stabilizing *more*. I prefer not to have to deal with that.

Right now I'm carrying two smartphones to get around the iPhone's deficiencies in video recording, but that's going to change.

So, next week I'll be picking up a 64GB Note 5 :)

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been using it on the note like that for over a year. I like to be able to move it around around the screen. I watch the movie while reading these forums or reading other things. I've never had two apps open at once. So there's still plenty of real estate left for me. But like I said, it's not for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Indeed, and almost all of the debates on forums about different products are by people who either have hardly ever used the alternative, have never used the alternative at all (but are simply parroting things they've read on the internet - where all things written are true), or haven't used the alternative in... quite a while.

I had a Note 3. Never had any issue with the Camera App launching. 1.5 seconds and it was up. Friend has a Galaxy S4 it's over 2 years old. Still runs great. Never had any issues previewing images in the gallery in any of those phones, either.

The only knock I have against the Note 5 is that they aren't doing more to maintain its traditionally long battery life, though I'm not exactly sure what to make of that since different carrier models seem to be getting wildly different battery life in reviews (like the T-Mobile variant getting half the screen on time of an AT&T variant).

Well I can tell you why I'll never try the Note 5 - I've given Samsung 2 tries. Both tries were absolute disasters. Never again. Their 'support' for their defective phones was the single most frustrating experience I've ever had.

I don't care if the Note 5 poops rainbows. If it has the name Samsung attached? I wouldn't buy it if there was a gun to my head lol.

I do enjoy Android - particularly Nexus devices or HTC Sense. But for my personal use iPhone is simply my preference.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased a Nokia Lumia 1520, 6" phablet that will arrive in the coming weeks. Mostly to try out Windows Mobile 10 on it which seems pretty promising actually. I'm not giving any system any advantage over the other I'm pretty open minded and adjust to the differences. However I'm sick and tired of Android at this point and I'm not interested in it all all regardless of manufacturer. Android never feels as "polished" as iOS or Windows Phone. If you want a smooth experience with Android you basically have to go Nexus, which is very featureless, unless you root and install Xposed and some modules. But I'm tired of doing that stuff. Android is a "play OS" for me today. So fragmented it hurts.

I would not be surprised if Windows Mobile 10 wins me over though once its finished. Pretty tired of the small bugs that pester iOS 9 at the moment. They irritate me more and more each day and the fact that iOS 9 is not optimized for the Plus models and have performance issues in the user interface. Starting to remind me of my Android days.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm going from the Note 5 to the 6s Plus. Ordered one yesterday through AT&T. I like the Note for the most part, but it's still got its share of issues. The camera is great, but I still despise the skin and all the extra crap on it. The only thing I ever use the pen for is writing on screen shots. I just want to get back to ole reliable and trusty iOS.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased a Nokia Lumia 1520, 6" phablet that will arrive in the coming weeks. Mostly to try out Windows Mobile 10 on it which seems pretty promising actually. I'm not giving any system any advantage over the other I'm pretty open minded and adjust to the differences. However I'm sick and tired of Android at this point and I'm not interested in it all all regardless of manufacturer. Android never feels as "polished" as iOS or Windows Phone. If you want a smooth experience with Android you basically have to go Nexus, which is very featureless, unless you root and install Xposed and some modules. But I'm tired of doing that stuff. Android is a "play OS" for me today. So fragmented it hurts.

I would not be surprised if Windows Mobile 10 wins me over though once its finished. Pretty tired of the small bugs that pester iOS 9 at the moment. They irritate me more and more each day and the fact that iOS 9 is not optimized for the Plus models and have performance issues in the user interface. Starting to remind me of my Android days.

I went in to order the Note 5 and found out no Verizon Store stock the 64GB Variant, so I will sit on my iPhone 6 Plus for a few more months. It sounds petty, but I was super pissed that I had already created a Google Account, Setup/Ordered/Recieved a Wallet Card, and Migrated Literally everything just to find out I'll have to wait like 4 days for a phone. Maybe I'm just impatient, but like I have hinted at in numerous threads upgrading a phone at this point it is a "want issue" and not a "need issue." I could use an iPhone with an A5 SoC and it would be find for the next year or two AFAIK.

If I have to wait at all, I mind as well wait until the next round of flagships.

I did try the iPhone 6S Plus quite a bit in the carrier store (had a 40 minute wait, ugh). Force Touch is pretty much the primary reason why I will not get it. I couldn't even figure out how to move an Icon (get into jiggle mode) until I actually got home and Googled it. Force Touch may be the future, but I live in the present. Right now, it's just a gimmick.

So I'll us emu smartphone as little as I can for the next 4-5 months (I have a tablet and a very large data plan, so I can just tether :p) and see what comes out in the near future.

Also, has anyone else been burned by the Verizon Edge Plan. They didn't even tell me they changed my contract from a 50% to a 75% payoff, and then they tell me it's basically a 100% payoff if I upgrade, unless I switch to their iPhone upgrade program. That's not a problem, since I usually sell my phones for a wash just so I can pay it off and upgrade, anyways, and I had more than enough petty cash sitting in my desk drawer to Edge Upgrade even with the 75% payoff. But I can't say I didn't feel "had" by it.

I prefer to jump platforms when I upgrade, instead of staying on the same thing. iOS gets extremely boring after 6 months or so, and I start avoiding using my phone as a result. I can't deal with Force Touch though. That's just not something I'm willing to adjust to at this point, and it has very limited utility at this point. Maybe in 2-3 years. I need a platform with a 1st party streaming service that won't junk up my large music library, like Apple Music did when I trailed it (turned it off within an hour because it literally instantly started changing Album Art and other stuff).

I was kind of looking forward to Android + GPMAA, but I won't keep a Google Account open if I'm not using a device that required it. It's my policy for a couple of years now. I ceded about $100 in purchases when I moved to iOS to uphold it, so I'm in too deep at this point :p

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I went in to order the Note 5 and found out no Verizon Store stock the 64GB Variant, so I will sit on my iPhone 6 Plus for a few more months. It sounds petty, but I was super pissed that I had already created a Google Account, Setup/Ordered/Recieved a Wallet Card, and Migrated Literally everything just to find out I'll have to wait like 4 days for a phone. Maybe I'm just impatient, but like I have hinted at in numerous threads upgrading a phone at this point it is a "want issue" and not a "need issue." I could use an iPhone with an A5 SoC and it would be find for the next year or two AFAIK.

If I have to wait at all, I mind as well wait until the next round of flagships.

I did try the iPhone 6S Plus quite a bit in the carrier store (had a 40 minute wait, ugh). Force Touch is pretty much the primary reason why I will not get it. I couldn't even figure out how to move an Icon (get into jiggle mode) until I actually got home and Googled it. Force Touch may be the future, but I live in the present. Right now, it's just a gimmick.

So I'll us emu smartphone as little as I can for the next 4-5 months (I have a tablet and a very large data plan, so I can just tether :p) and see what comes out in the near future.

Also, has anyone else been burned by the Verizon Edge Plan. They didn't even tell me they changed my contract from a 50% to a 75% payoff, and then they tell me it's basically a 100% payoff if I upgrade, unless I switch to their iPhone upgrade program. That's not a problem, since I usually sell my phones for a wash just so I can pay it off and upgrade, anyways, and I had more than enough petty cash sitting in my desk drawer to Edge Upgrade even with the 75% payoff. But I can't say I didn't feel "had" by it.

I prefer to jump platforms when I upgrade, instead of staying on the same thing. iOS gets extremely boring after 6 months or so, and I start avoiding using my phone as a result. I can't deal with Force Touch though. That's just not something I'm willing to adjust to at this point, and it has very limited utility at this point. Maybe in 2-3 years. I need a platform with a 1st party streaming service that won't junk up my large music library, like Apple Music did when I trailed it (turned it off within an hour because it literally instantly started changing Album Art and other stuff).

I was kind of looking forward to Android + GPMAA, but I won't keep a Google Account open if I'm not using a device that required it. It's my policy for a couple of years now. I ceded about $100 in purchases when I moved to iOS to uphold it, so I'm in too deep at this point :p

Best Buy may have some 64GB models if that's an option for you.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 6s Plus yesterday. Traded in my note 5 that I got since day one. I loved my note 5 to death, but kind of want to try iPhone again. Last one I used was the 5, and used it for a month before I sold it and went back to android. Had the OG iPhone, 3G, and 3GS. Kind of wanted to give them another go around this time.

Liking it so far, but it's only been a day. I do wish they would do something to make the bezels smaller. And not used to their keyboard yet lol. But overall pretty happy so far

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy may have some 64GB models if that's an option for you.

I ended up just getting the iPhone 6 Plus. In the future Samsung should work on having better availability of the higher storage SKUs with their carrier partners, especially since they removed the SD Card. If they had an SD Card Slot, I'd have jumped on the 32GB White Note 5 and gone to Best Buy and purchased a 64GB UHS mSD Card.

But without that, I need 64GB, and since I don't really prefer any one OS over another I tend to have very little patience with it as well. So the poor availability ruled it out and I just upgraded to the newer iPhone instead.

Also, Verizon Matches Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program if you do Device Installment Option, which makes the Note a really bad comparison since you'd have to pay $800 out of pocket for each note when you upgrade (Edge is dead for anything that isn't an iPhone now) and the value on android phones drop much faster than iOS devices. With an iPhone I can walk in every November and get the latest model (not too long after launch, and enough time for them to get any early launch issues fixed with the hardware (like the iPhone 6+ Camera issues they had last go around)).

Things changed when I was told this. The iPhone is the only viable option for early upgraders. I used to resell phones every upgrade but I'm at the point where I'm tired of dealing with that stuff.

I may decide to keep this one for the full 2 years and just sell it off. Who knows. It depends on what the iPhone 7 Plus looks like when it's released. Until then /shrugs/

But I think not stocking the Samsung 64GB Note was a pretty raw choice for Verizon. Probably going to cost Samsung a nice chunk of sales as well, since many people are going to just opt to get another high end phone instead of wait potentially 4-5 days for a Note 5 to arrive in the mail (I also don't want to receive a phone in the mail - I've had bad experience with it in the past... I just can't do it, Lol).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods