Any 6 Plus Users Moving To A Different Phablet Other Than The 6S Plus?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
All of these reasons is why I switched back as well and both times that I've tried the nexus 5 and 6 I just couldn't do it. I also noticed that the quality of the apps is terrible compared to the iOS counterparts. For instance tapatalk it terrible on Android and one of the main reasons is when you PM someone on the Android version you have to know their sn whereas with iOS you start typing and it brings up a list of names to choose from. Plus like you said there's too many things you have to compromise on when going with any Android phone.

The Lannisters send their regards.

Just don't switch lol have has every iPhone since iPhone 4 came out on Verizon .. Before that had a 3GS as a iPod lol .. I actually had a first gen iPad before owning a activated phone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Bought a note 5 and I love it. The screen is gorgeous, TouchWiz is now usable and the spen is fantastic. The camera is phenomenal. I get more storage on the base model. The audio on this sucker is also top notch as well. I was going to dual wield this with my 6plus but as time went on the 6plus stayed on top of my desk unused. I ended up selling it for a nice sum of money. I still love Apple but Samsung made a mighty nice phone

Not sure 3d touch is sold on me as enough of an upgrade. I barely use it on my mac. That said, iPhones are fantastic and knowing me ill probably pick one up soon.

Also, t-mobile is also pretty awesome about updates compared to Verizon and Att.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just don't switch lol have has every iPhone since iPhone 4 came out on Verizon .. Before that had a 3GS as a iPod lol .. I actually had a first gen iPad before owning a activated phone lol

LOL I know but I get tempted by the new shiny toys and then I come back to my senses.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I've thought about selling my 6 Plus and getting a tablet...prob a Windows Surface Pro or something.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
All of these reasons is why I switched back as well and both times that I've tried the nexus 5 and 6 I just couldn't do it. I also noticed that the quality of the apps is terrible compared to the iOS counterparts. For instance tapatalk it terrible on Android and one of the main reasons is when you PM someone on the Android version you have to know their sn whereas with iOS you start typing and it brings up a list of names to choose from. Plus like you said there's too many things you have to compromise on when going with any Android phone.

Yeah, Android is great for customization, but when I find that I don't do any of that stuff anymore, it really doesn't make sense to stick with it. It really is just so much of a cluster in the Android world. Just wasn't worth it to stick around and I'm ecstatic about my decision. First time in a long time that I am. I just don't trust Android anymore at this point. And I can't keep forking out dollar after dollar in the never ending hunt for a great Android phone that has what I want.

Bought a note 5 and I love it. The screen is gorgeous, TouchWiz is now usable and the spen is fantastic. The camera is phenomenal. I get more storage on the base model. The audio on this sucker is also top notch as well. I was going to dual wield this with my 6plus but as time went on the 6plus stayed on top of my desk unused. I ended up selling it for a nice sum of money. I still love Apple but Samsung made a mighty nice phone

Not sure 3d touch is sold on me as enough of an upgrade. I barely use it on my mac. That said, iPhones are fantastic and knowing me ill probably pick one up soon.

Also, t-mobile is also pretty awesome about updates compared to Verizon and Att.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The Note 5 looks like a beautiful phone. I REALLY wanted to get one but ultimately decided against it. For one, I don't trust Sammy to update it quickly, nor do I trust them to update it properly. Too many horror stories about the Note 4 and the Lollipop debacle. I also hate waiting on AT&T to approve of an upgrade. Other than that, it looks like a beast. It was next on my list until I saw the 6s Plus and knew I had to move now.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, Android is great for customization, but when I find that I don't do any of that stuff anymore, it really doesn't make sense to stick with it. It really is just so much of a cluster in the Android world. Just wasn't worth it to stick around and I'm ecstatic about my decision. First time in a long time that I am. I just don't trust Android anymore at this point. And I can't keep forking out dollar after dollar in the never ending hunt for a great Android phone that has what I want.

The Note 5 looks like a beautiful phone. I REALLY wanted to get one but ultimately decided against it. For one, I don't trust Sammy to update it quickly, nor do I trust them to update it properly. Too many horror stories about the Note 4 and the Lollipop debacle. I also hate waiting on AT&T to approve of an upgrade. Other than that, it looks like a beast. It was next on my list until I saw the 6s Plus and knew I had to move now.

Yeah, the updates are a killer but that's a carrier issue. What I reaaaally don't like is that Verizon and ATT locked down the bootloader so if you even try to switch to a different ROM, the phone will not work anymore. Ever. I finally switched to T-Mobile recently and have gotten 4 updates since the Note 5 release. Got Samsung Pay and I am able to pay for stuff not only using NFC but regular magnetic strip readers.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ironically iOS is often lauded for being the OS with instant updates but it's the OS where timely updates actually matter the least because they don't really bring much anyway. Siri is still meh, and over the last 3 years their biggest keynotes were flat icons, a few notification panel widgets, and a couple more keyboards. I guess you could add Apple pay and touch ID but that's getting into hardware territory. I don't know about you but none of this screams "gotta have it now!" to me. iOS's immediate updates can also be a 2 edged sword. "hey check it out, split screen multitasking is cool! It's not on YOUR iPad model though, sorry."

commence flaming :biggrin:

With iOS you don't need to light candles, pray to Joe Boo, sacrifice a goat, promise your first born to a witch, to get a OS update.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't have to when there's nothing of substance in it. Even Microsoft (ick) puts out more substantial updates, which is pretty sad really

That's all you got? Microsoft updates? You don't even believe that.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually I've done the Note 3 and then Note 4. I've been dissatisfied with both of them, they are great when you first get them, but they get slower with use. You'll eventually have to start clearing the partition cache and/or app cache on a regular basis to keep them running even halfway smooth without lagging. The Camera on the Note 4 is good in terms of taking pictures, slow to focus at times and very slow to actually launch and it was twice as fast as the Note 3. Also God forbid you want to look at a photo you just took while in the camera app it can take up to 30 seconds for it to show up and while that is going on your phone is frozen in time. If you stream music to like your car's head unit, be prepared for skipping and stuttering bluetooth audio, unless you want to keep your display on all the time, then it won't skip as much. I could go on and on.... By the way I am not alone in any of this all one has to do is look at Google's support web site and you'll find thread after thread after thread of users like myself with these issues.

So, YEAH I am swapping Phablets... I am going from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6S Plus! :)

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I just returned a Note 5 today. It was my last day to return. I was torn. Its a great phone and has some great aspects I really wish Apple would get on board with such as: Wireless charging, smaller bezels and frame, etc. Even so, the battery life is sooooo much better on the 6 Plus. I travel so much that is important. Also I just find the Apple product so much easier to use when traveling with Passbook for boarding passes and the overall interaction of iMessage, Mail and Calendar. Those apps just set it apart. I am a Google services guy. I use Gmail, Google Now and Google Maps exclusively. I really like the way they are integrated into the Android system but even so, the Apple versions are actually more polished than the Android versions. Again, I was torn but I asked myself this question: If I had both phones sitting in front of me and had to choose one, which one would I pick and it was the Apple product. So I returned the Note 5, pre-ordered the 6s Plus and will fall back to my 5 until it arrives in early October.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just returned a Note 5 today. It was my last day to return. I was torn. Its a great phone and has some great aspects I really wish Apple would get on board with such as: Wireless charging, smaller bezels and frame, etc. Even so, the battery life is sooooo much better on the 6 Plus. I travel so much that is important.

I honestly think the Note 5 is the better looking between it and the iPhone. However, I concur with what you are saying. Google really needs to refine Android because in some ways its a mess.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
A big mistake people make with Android is confusing true customization with just making pretty home screens when it means so much more than that. You can do hundreds of things with Android that an iPhone will never do. The capability Android gives 3rd party developers to customize not how you make your homescreen look but how you use your phone on Android OS is the secret sauce. And you don't need instant OS updates to do that. I could make a huge list of these things you can do on an Android device that an iPhone will never be able to do and perhaps someday I will.

Capability comes at a cost. You're not going to get an Android phone that works quite as smoothly as an iPhone but the question is, for the big gulf in capabilities between the two do you really friggin' care that much? Well therein lies the rub - if all you do is social network and surf and other light casual tasks, well then maybe you do! But if you really want power at your fingertips for much more than that, it's a different story altogether now isn't it. That's what you have to decide for yourself. There are high quality Android phones out there that are extremely well made and optimized. It's those who make wrong purchasing choices for ones that aren't who come away with a bitter taste in their mouths.

I say this as someone who uses Android as a daily driver but also has family members in house with Apple devices. I know firsthand their iPhones run smoother and more reliably than my phones have year after year. Without question! But my phone runs circles around those for the things I do. Can I use Kodi on an unbroken iPhone? Hell no. File operations? Limitless app interoperability? Apps like Link bubble/Flynx? Torrents? as for automation, Siri is still not only a pale comparison to Google Now integration, even MS's Cortana surpasses it. bear in mind I'm only naming the tip of the iceberg...

Instant updates on iOS basically give you a tenth (being generous) of the things you can do on Android waiting 4-5 months for a core OS update, and that's thanks to the nature of Android OS and the ability for 3rd party developers to create things with it. Not to mention most of the core capabilities of Android have been moved to Play Services where they can be updated notwithstanding OS version.

**But who cares about all of that? A very, very small number of people of course! But does that change that this is still the case? Or that I'm not just using my phone to post Instagram photos, surf the web and check my email but as a fully capable pocket computer? Not a chance. Inadequately educated little robot user indeed...

I remember doing many things when I was on Android that I can't do on my iPhone but honestly I don't mind because like you mentioned it comes at a great cost to have all that functionality.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
LOL was waiting for you to chime in.

You know, the truth is...the Android OS is a power house in this regard, even straight out of the box in many ways...I don't deny it at all. I just find it funny that people talk about heavy iPhone limitations by placing a very specific and singular criteria on such opinions...and that is that the iPhone isn't jailbroken.

Once jailbroken (like a rooted Android device), the iPhone becomes a whole other animal...hell, speaking about Siri alone, the jailbreak tweaks out there are pretty incredible...some really awesome work flow automations that hopefully Apple will implement in a native form one day. If there's something to give google credit for, it is definitely their desire to continually push the ability to have an option to do something natively even if most of their customers never use it in their life. Apple sticks to the simplicity formula, which works for them very well...

I've just have to roll my eyes when people are so quick to dismiss the iPhone, but only while also leaving aside any abilities it has with a jailbreak. Same ol' song and dance it seems...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
A big mistake people make with Android is confusing true customization with just making pretty home screens when it means so much more than that. You can do hundreds of things with Android that an iPhone will never do. The capability Android gives 3rd party developers to customize not how you make your homescreen look but how you use your phone on Android OS is the secret sauce. And you don't need instant OS updates to do that. I could make a huge list of these things you can do on an Android device that an iPhone will never be able to do and perhaps someday I will.

Capability comes at a cost. You're not going to get an Android phone that works quite as smoothly as an iPhone but the question is, for the big gulf in capabilities between the two do you really friggin' care that much? Well therein lies the rub - if all you do is social network and surf and other light casual tasks, well then maybe you do! But if you really want power at your fingertips for much more than that, it's a different story altogether now isn't it. That's what you have to decide for yourself. There are high quality Android phones out there that are extremely well made and optimized. It's those who make wrong purchasing choices for ones that aren't who come away with a bitter taste in their mouths.

I say this as someone who uses Android as a daily driver but also has family members in house with Apple devices. I know firsthand their iPhones run smoother and more reliably than my phones have year after year. Without question! But my phone runs circles around those for the things I do. Can I use Kodi on an unbroken iPhone? Hell no. File operations? Limitless app interoperability? Apps like Link bubble/Flynx? Torrents? as for automation, Siri is still not only a pale comparison to Google Now integration, even MS's Cortana surpasses it. bear in mind I'm only naming the tip of the iceberg...

Instant updates on iOS basically give you a tenth (being generous) of the things you can do on Android waiting 4-5 months for a core OS update, and that's thanks to the nature of Android OS and the ability for 3rd party developers to create things with it. Not to mention most of the core capabilities of Android have been moved to Play Services where they can be updated notwithstanding OS version.

**But who cares about all of that? A very, very small number of people of course! But does that change that this is still the case? Or that I'm not just using my phone to post Instagram photos, surf the web and check my email but as a fully capable pocket computer? Not a chance. Inadequately educated little robot user indeed...

Don't Stop Believing.... Hold on to that feeelin e ya a a.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
So someone comes in and is respectful and courteous, discusses their opinion and he gets trash talked. Right. There goes this adult conversation.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm using my 6 plus now and waiting for my 6s plus, I have had my share of android phone but with all the manufacturers coming out with a new and exciting android every couple of months is just ridiculous. Just when you think you have the next best thing someone else comes out with a new device that better than your current. The battery life sucks for me and I'm not going to even talk about force closes. Apple has my hart and soul lol. This is just my opinion. But good luck to you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR