Antenna gate issues similar to iphone 4 on 4s?

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I know the 4s antenna was redesigned but is anyone still having signal issues with the iPhone 4S? (no case)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know the 4s antenna was redesigned but is anyone still having signal issues with the iPhone 4S? (no case)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Really looking to stir something up, eh?

There was a problem with the GSM iPhone 4. Apple re-engineered the antenna for the CDMA version that was released about 8-9 months later. NO antenna problems since.

Again, nothing to see here... please move along.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It was just a simple question, and if you read the post you would know I was talking about the 4S. And since you are of no help to me...how about you move on

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It was just a simple question, and if you read the post you would know I was talking about the 4S. And since you are of no help to me...how about you move on
Sent from my iPhone 4S

If you had read my response, you would know that I did answer your simple question with a simple answer ... NO ANTENNA PROBLEMS SINCE.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Why are you so scared I'm going to stir something up? Do you work for apple or something? My question is a legitimate one. If other people are having a similar issue, than it is what it is. I just want to know if the problem I am having, other people have also. I dont think slapping a case on my iphone 4S is a legitimate answer, maybe for my iphone 4. You see, the beauty of forums is I don't just have to listen to you. You're just an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The only ones having issues with no case are those who insist on holding the device such that their hand covers the antenna and attenuated signal. Others reporting issues have been using cases that are of poor design, using materials that are known to attenuate signals.

And, as has been noted above, the design issues that were a factor in the past have been rectified. And have been extensively reported. Bringing this subject up when there should be ample information available can be disconcerting to those who've been around here a while...

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I'm thinking I might have a defective iphone because I don't use a case either and just holding my phone i watch it go down 2 bars. Luckily it hasn't been 30 days. Gonna try and get a genius appt.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
P.s My intention isn't to stir things up. Just had a question about my phone. I may be new to the forums but I've been with apple since the iPhone 3G. I don't hold my phone tight at all. I use my right hand but is seems when my palm touches the antenna break on the right side of the phone it happens..

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I'm thinking I might have a defective iphone because I don't use a case either and just holding my phone i watch it go down 2 bars. Luckily it hasn't been 30 days. Gonna try and get a genius appt.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Now that is a completely different matter. As I stated above, there is NO problem with the antenna design of the iPhone beyond the initial GSM version of the iPhone 4. Others have also commented that they have no issue. You may have a defective phone. But there is no documentation on the internet that I have seen of any issues from the CDMA version of the iPhone 4 forward.

And no, I don’t work for Apple. I am not afraid of anything you can post... you asked a question and I answered it. Others have chimed in with their thoughts an opinions... go see a Genius and see what they say.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Had a 4s for about a year before getting the 5 used cases and also went without I never had a issue either way

I did read in the forum awhile back someone had a issue but it was because they were using a metal case and it caused issues with wifi and cell signal ..

If you lose signal by holding it then it is def not a wide spread issue and is a issue with your single 4s
If you can duplicate it at apple and can show it don't happen on other 4s the. They will more than likely replace it as being defective

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone think a factory reset as new iphone will work?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

I'm a huge fan of resetting and restoring as new via iTunes. Doing so has served me and many others well so I say go for it. Of course, backup your photos and stuff prior to restoring your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen