Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, the first one of my Anker 6’ charging cables has died and the other one is dodgy !
These are the ones with woven nylon outers.
one has given up with no sign of wear the other is failing close to the lightning plug.
I record this because I gave Apple a hard time ‘cos their cables were so bad. Anker cables seem to last twice as long, but no cigar !

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In Anker’s defense I’ve owned more than a dozen or so of their cables and have never had one die on me. Their PowerLine cables are top notch, in my opinion. Of course, this is just my personal experience.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve never had a cable die on me, not even Apple’s (which is higher quality than people give it credit for). Belkin makes some great cables too if you don’t mind being limited to 4 feet. Native Union has some good cables as well.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I have never had a cable die or fray on me either. I broke a connector once (by tripping over the cable!), which actually saved an iPad from crashing to the ground or myself doing likewise!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Anker, and no issues. I have the older ones without the lifetime warranty, and one with the lifetime warranty. All mine are 10' cables.

Bob80220

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
I've been using Anker chargers and their braided cables for a number of years and have never had any issues. Anker makes quality products in my opinion.

I just upgraded all my chargers and braided cables to USB-C for my 12 Pro, AirPods, Watch, and I also got a couple of USB-C adapters. One is for my Watch charging cable which I just don't understand why it comes with a USB-A connector and everything else is USB-C. I wasn't going to buy a USB-C charger for $30.00 when an USB-C adapter will do just fine. I got the Nano 18 watt charger, PowerPort lll Duo 36 watt charger, PoweDrive lll Duo 36 watt car charger, and 2 6 foot braided USB-C to Lightning Cable Powerline+ lll. All of the chargers are IQ 3.0.

Bob

IMG_1314_HEIC-X3.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been using Anker chargers and their braided cables for a number of years and have never had any issues. Anker makes quality products in my opinion.

I just upgraded all my chargers and braided cables to USB-C for my 12 Pro, AirPods, Watch, and I also got a couple of USB-C adapters. One is for my Watch charging cable which I just don't understand why it comes with a USB-A connector and everything else is USB-C. I wasn't going to buy a USB-C charger for $30.00 when an USB-C adapter will do just fine. I got the Nano 18 watt charger, PowerPort lll Duo 36 watt charger, PoweDrive lll Duo 36 watt car charger, and 2 6 foot braided USB-C to Lightning Cable Powerline+ lll. All of the chargers are IQ 3.0.

Bob

IMG_1314_HEIC-X3.jpg

What a great batch of accessories. I love Anker products too! Since getting my 12 Pro in January, I have recently upgraded several of my chargers and cables as well.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Anker chargers and cables for a few years now, not perfect but better than some others I have tried. I hope Apple stay with lightning. I don’t want to add yet another lot of cables !

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Which Anker cable is it? I have a Powerline+ ll I've been using a couple years. No problems. Also have the USB-C to lightning Powerline+ lll. No issues so far.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have two Powerline ll cables that are fine so far, and one of the nylon braided cables is still functioning (have binned two) they always fray and start to break up just inside the cable support behind the lightning connector. If I notice in time I wrap the tail of the connector and an inch of cable in self amalgamating tape to support it, that keeps them going. All of them have lasted better than Apple’s offerings, although I do have one that I use that seems ok still.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have two Powerline ll cables that are fine so far, and one of the nylon braided cables is still functioning (have binned two) they always fray and start to break up just inside the cable support behind the lightning connector. If I notice in time I wrap the tail of the connector and an inch of cable in self amalgamating tape to support it, that keeps them going. All of them have lasted better than Apple’s offerings, although I do have one that I use that seems ok still.

Using the phone while it's charging causes them to fray and tear up. I've done my share of that. I wrap electrical tape around where it frays. That helps keep it from bending as much.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Using the phone while it's charging causes them to fray and tear up. I've done my share of that. I wrap electrical tape around where it frays. That helps keep it from bending as much.

Yup you’ve got it ! of course this only moves the bend up the cable !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods