Android users who have made the switch to the iphone 7+

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Note 7 battery life was great. It was a flawless phone. Getting the Note 5 after was horrible. Hated that phone. My battery didn't last 2 hrs if that. I had to keep charged. I use my phone for work too
iPhone is amazing. Very impressed. No issues. On a lot during the work week and at night still 50% left

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 battery life was great. It was a flawless phone. Getting the Note 5 after was horrible. Hated that phone. My battery didn't last 2 hrs if that. I had to keep charged. I use my phone for work too
iPhone is amazing. Very impressed. No issues. On a lot during the work week and at night still 50% left

Same experience with my Note 5.
Terrible battery life.

sbalchand

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been probably the most vocal Android supporter in my family since MyTouch days. But i give up.

Been patient but Google just doesn't seem to do anything about the lag and memory/cache management. Throwing in some extra RAM hasn't really solved the problems. All my phones have suffered from lags a few months into use. I do not want to manually clear cache, delete files and cool down the CPU every day.

Initially i thought my issues were due to modding my phones, but I haven't done any on my Nexus 6 and still face the same issues till date.

Also every phone has had some hardware issue or the other around 12-15 month mark.

Few months ago I used my wife's old iPhone 5 for 2 months (because i was tired of my Nexus constantly showing invalid sim message) and was amazed at the performance of this 4-5 year old device.

Sure i missed the flexibility with file management and couple other features available on Android, but the performance was smooth, no need for cache management.

After giving my Nexus 6 another chance for 2 more months, i'm done with Android.

Have ordered a 6s+ because i don't want to spend a lot and Best Buy had a a great deal. Am eagerly awaiting it's arrival tomorrow!

Kha0tikQueenie

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I made the switch just a couple of days ago and i could not be more happier!!! I honestly will NEVER go back to android or samsung for that matter!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the darker side to both of you! I am thrilled I made the switch in January. My best friend told me I will want the Note 8. Said no I won't. She is having lagging issues on her S8+. I know part of the problem is the screen protector. Does not fit right and keeps popping off. Told her to just take it off. She has her phone in a folio case.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the darker side to both of you! I am thrilled I made the switch in January. My best friend told me I will want the Note 8. Said no I won't. She is having lagging issues on her S8+. I know part of the problem is the screen protector. Does not fit right and keeps popping off. Told her to just take it off. She has her phone in a folio case.

The S8+ is a beautiful device, but I'm sure it won't perform as well in a year or two.

I do admire Samsung's designs, features and display

Hopefully Apple will suprise us with an OLED and Fast Charging in the near future

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm still really loving my 7 Plus three months after the big switch. Don't even miss Android (and I was a huge fanboy).

I'm in the process of lessening Google's clutch of my tech life to see if it is possible to get by without Google. Downloading all of my photos from Google Photos to my computer and uploading them to iCloud and probably a backup cloud service. Then I will delete all my photos from Google Photos. Just deleted my Google folder on my homepage. Switched to Apple Maps. Works great, but some addresses have been wrong. I think in the end I'll just be using Gmail and YouTube. And now that iOS 11 will support Gmail push I will probably delete the Gmail app and just use the stock app.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still really loving my 7 Plus three months after the big switch. Don't even miss Android (and I was a huge fanboy).

I'm in the process of lessening Google's clutch of my tech life to see if it is possible to get by without Google. Downloading all of my photos from Google Photos to my computer and uploading them to iCloud and probably a backup cloud service. Then I will delete all my photos from Google Photos. Just deleted my Google folder on my homepage. Switched to Apple Maps. Works great, but some addresses have been wrong. I think in the end I'll just be using Gmail and YouTube. And now that iOS 11 will support Gmail push I will probably delete the Gmail app and just use the stock app.

iOS 11 will support push with Gmail? I hadn't heard that. Where did you see it?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for sharing!
I'd recommend checking out AirMail

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Me too. That's why I got the feather incipient case. No bulk and all it does is keep my phone from being too slippery

Rhinoshield sent me some cases for review and I’m absolutely in love with them LOL. I think they may have changed my mind on cases.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh