Android Users thinking of coming back.

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of coming back to iPhone. Should I get the 5s now or wait for a new iPhone to launch?

What is expected to launch and when?

Thanks

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've hear September 14th as a star. I would just wait and see what the new iPhone looks like unless you really don't care. I just got my 5s a couple months ago and have no regrets about it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The 5s is still a great capable device. We haven't gotten any official specs on the up and coming rumored September release yet.

But you will hear it here first

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of coming back to iPhone. Should I get the 5s now or wait for a new iPhone to launch?

Thanks

If the rumors hold up, you could be looking at a 4.7" and 5.5" iphone 6 that is thinner with upgraded internals and camera. But nothing is confirmed at this point so you would be basing your decision at the moment of pure speculation. I think a safer bet however, is that at least one of the versions will launch in or around September.

I upgrade to every new iphone on launch day so I am not the best at telling someone not to hold out for the newer device. Now, if you were asking this question in January? I would likely say go get the 5S and enjoy it. But given we are likely 3 months from the new release, I would probably hold out. But only you know your preferences, current phone situation, level of patience, etc.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Question: do you mind the current screen size of the 5s? If you don't then the 5s has some insane specials going on for it at Best Buy and Radioshack right now. It is kind of hard to beat a 5s for $80 on contract. If your eyes would be offended by that screen size wait and see what happens. It's only a few months (possibly).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newsman787

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I came back to iPhone and am pleased with the decision. Had been a longtime iPhone enthusiast until captured by Nexus 4. Then moved to Nexus 5 which I loved but couldn't deal with a WiFi glitch that even now hasn't been fixed. Plan to stick henceforth with iPhone as long as Apple remains consumer oriented as has been its past orientation. 5s is an excellent device!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I've hear September 14th as a star. I would just wait and see what the new iPhone looks like unless you really don't care. I just got my 5s a couple months ago and have no regrets about it.

My prediction is Sept 19th release of the new iPhone. There will an event sometimes in the week of the 12th and Apple will start taking pre-orders then. iOS 8 will be released along side the event so that it can be thoroughly vetted before the new iPhone launch.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
My prediction is Sept 19th release of the new iPhone. There will an event sometimes in the week of the 12th and Apple will start taking pre-orders then. iOS 8 will be released along side the event so that it can be thoroughly vetted before the new iPhone launch.

Yeah that sounds right. Maybe it was the event on the 14th.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I came from a HTC one m7 to the iPhone 5s and do not regret my decision at all. The iphone is a lot more efficient

Sent from my iPhone 5S

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Are you getting the 6?

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

I'm torn, I will see what new features are introduced and which new features will not make it to the 5S. But my upgrade date is 12th October 2014.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn, I will see what new features are introduced and which new features will not make it to the 5S. But my upgrade date is 12th October 2014.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Understandable :) I'm torn as well. I get the reimbursement from T-mobile in 2 weeks so I'm putting that aside for my decision.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just switched back to iPhone after being with android for the last few years. Switched from the Note 3. Took some getting used to going from 5.5" display to the iPhone. But all in all glad I did. The wifi problem with the samsung phones was too much for me. iOS 8 looks appealing with the addition of third party keyboards. Plus the majority of my family is using either an iPad or iPhone so FaceTime sounded like the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I would get the 5S & if I like the new one when it comes out I'd get that too LOL. I know not everyone will do that, so the best thing may be to wait...at least you'll have options!! Good Luck:)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I

Thanks

Yes. Wait. Buy one on this date specifically:

December 7, 2014

Also, I would wait to eat until then too. Wait to take your next bath too. Perhaps 3 Saturdays from today.

Zabigayle

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
If you want to come back check out Swappa. A 5s can be found pretty cheap (compared to paying full retail). When the 6 comes out sell your 5s and apply the funds towards your 6.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR