Android users could get ads on Lock Screens as if they don't suffer enough

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
So you pick up your Android phone to see “If you buy an IPhone 13 Pro you’ll never see this ad or any other ad ever on your Lock Screen again”. Oh Apple needs to buy that ad!

On a serious note, Ads on your Lock Screen will almost certainly generate from a moving van sized amount of your personal data. Yikes…

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you can sue Apple for not creating an iPhone with a USB-C port then you should be able to sue Google for allowing ads to be displayed on the Lock Screen.

This is going over the top in my opinion. Still, I must remind myself that the target audience is not my generation. ;)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The other side of the coin is that the price of the phone can be reduced by this post sale ad revenue. That’ll be attractive to a lot of that target audience that is not my generation either :).

It took me years of living to come to the conclusion that paying more upfront ends up the better deal(though always looking for it to be on sale). Not only does it most frequently last longer but the day to day through the years totality of the user experience end up very substantially better. That is IME.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods