Android to iOS

Snapples

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Android for the last few years, however the 5S has tickled my fancy. This afternoon I spent a couple of hours playing with a friends iPhone 5S just to see how it works and how it would suit my needs.

After weeks of research, reading forums and today having a fondle of a 5S I have decided to jump from Android and to an iPhone 5S.

My only problem now is to choose a color, it's either the Space Grey or Silver but i just can't make my mind up so I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on colors, do any of the colors easily wear, chip or discolor?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Space Grey shows nicks more than silver but it's still nice.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I went from a black/slate 5 to a white/gold 5s.

It's entirely a matter of taste, especially if you go with one of the Apple leather cases.

I quite liked both. So I'm of the view you can't go really wrong here. Space Grey probably wears easier, as my slate 5 certainly picked up its share of nicks.

Snapples

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I went from a black/slate 5 to a white/gold 5s.

It's entirely a matter of taste, especially if you go with one of the Apple leather cases.

I quite liked both. So I'm of the view you can't go really wrong here. Space Grey probably wears easier, as my slate 5 certainly picked up its share of nicks.

Thank you for your reply .... I always like to keep my phones in pristine condition so the Space Grey does worry me a little.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the space Gray, it's my first dark color phone from apple l the previous generations i had the silver or white. I have had my space Gray color iPhone 5s for almost 5 months since it's launch and I have had no problems with it, still looks brand new

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Snapples

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the space Gray, it's my first dark color phone from apple l the previous generations i had the silver or white. I have had my space Gray color iPhone 5s for almost 5 months since it's launch and I have had no problems with it, still looks brand new

Thanks for your reply, do you use a case?

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm a space grey kinda guy. I just love the sliq darkness. The silver and gold are great too though. The gold is a little dressy for my tastes but it looks quite nice. The silver is quite nice too, it really is. It's just a matter of taste. I do hope you'll put a case on it to keep it in great shape (think of the phone, she'll thank you).

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Got space grey and it's in perfect condition, use official apple leather case and no screen protector.

Snapples

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm a space grey kinda guy. I just love the sliq darkness. The silver and gold are great too though. The gold is a little dressy for my tastes but it looks quite nice. The silver is quite nice too, it really is. It's just a matter of taste. I do hope you'll put a case on it to keep it in great shape (think of the phone, she'll thank you).

I am OCD when it comes to phones so i will 100% be using front & rear protectors with a case.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the Space Grey 32gb. I really wanted the White/Silver one but I didn't feel like being phone-less until the phone came in when I upgraded in November so I opted for the Space Grey. I would still take a White/Silver one but the Space Grey is really growing on me! But I put it in a LifeProof case....so I'm done with my search for another colored iPhone. I can't see the color through the phone anyways :) Now it's Magenta! Haha, good luck in your decision!!

Snapples

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
After hours of deliberation I have finally decided to go with the Space Grey .... Who would have thought what a hassle it would be choosing a color. It was bad enough deciding to jump from the Android bandwagon to iOS.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my thread, your input has been very helpful.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
After hours of deliberation I have finally decided to go with the Space Grey .... Who would have thought what a hassle it would be choosing a color. It was bad enough deciding to jump from the Android bandwagon to iOS.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my thread, your input has been very helpful.

It can be a hard choice since they all look so so good. ...but after buying and returning platinum and gold iPhones I settled on 2 space greys...64 and 32GB. Batman like black. :)

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My choice was the Silver as I though the grey was too dark for me and the Gold was nice looking but just didn't have the looks I wanted, so I got myself a otterbox case and now it looks really awesome and protected!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox