Android to apple

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but I don't have my iPad Pro with me out in public when I need to write something down. That's why it's more than just a trick for someone like me.

Everyone else uses voice memos, works quite well until one’s home.

Last edited:

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Used to collect phones a while ago, from the mid 90s way before android and iPhone . I kept all my phones, never really needed to sell or trade any of them, I was also an avid car collector at the time, mostly German, English, and Italian before boredom set in.

Here is part of the collection, I believe this was in a 3 year or 4 year period.
07bc3cda7e066899cea48bb2b991eee6.jpg

f4ecbe8680e46dd935247980ed278e02.jpg

Reactions: FFR

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could afford having both platforms again but not during retirement. I tried the 14 pro max but ended back to the s23 plus which made life easier for me.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Once you get set to preferring one over the other it can seem jarring moving back and forth. I have a 13PM, 2 x 14PM and an S23U (gotta feed the Android itch). Love and need iMessage and Apple's ecosystem but love the customization and choice given with the S23U and Android. Everything else is pretty much equal as far I'm concerned hardware-wise. An enthusiast, definitely, but not loyal, per sé, to either platform.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That doesn’t explain the amount of android users switching to iPhones every quarter, double digit growth per quarter.

The iPhone just keeps increasing marketshare and not only dominating phone sales in the premium (>$400) and the ultra premium (>$800) segments but has started to surpass android sales in general for 1 or 2 quarters a year. Among gen z users apple has surpassed 90%.

Is android dying? It seems so for the ultra premium segment. Those android oems that remain will keep posting profit losses every quarter going forward.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
There’s a lot of android users who like what Apple has to offer. Not until now has an Android handset come close to the battery life you get on a 13/14Pro Max for one thing, then there’s iMessage. All Android users are not using Samsung’s finest but prolly any one of the infinite number of low-quality Android sets out there from China and who only know’s where else so that would put quite the quality gap out thereand make that Apple quality shine even brighter. Yeah, I’m sure a lot of Android folks appreciate what Apple has to offer and have for quite some time, I’m sure I wasn’t the only one.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Technically, 2023 android flagships have “almost” caught up to a 2022 iPhone flagship.

The 2023 iPhone flagship with a 3 nm soc is another matter entirely.

That’s actually my point, most android users are abandoning android on the high end, and in some quarters of the year the iPhone has surpassed android sales including premium android and budget handsets.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
That doesn’t surprise me actually. If I was not a real mobile phone enthusiast I wouldn’t have an Android now. My daily drivers will likely continue to run iOS for a long while. iMessage and FaceTime are the critical piece for me. Android does’t have them…at least not that are as easy, seamless, and ubiquitous. These features and Apple’s quality will likely interest all but the die hard Android fans if not now then at some point.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Seems like s23 sales are flailing a month after launch. Lack of demand has already gutted second-hand prices.

Wonder how many Samsung users will flip to the new iPhone 15 and 15 pro/max come September. 🫣

2fda40f4cb1512d9938d01dd984384a7.jpg

Edit: Looks like it’s now official, the iPhone crushed Samsung in the premium smartphone sales in 2022, this from an android centric site.
10fa784d9b33878ed23b66389e7a579b.jpg

Last edited:

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
Let's keep in mind Samsung dropped trade in values in half on the S23 phones. There's a difference when you can upgrade for a couple-three hundred dollars versus $700 after trade INS. That stopped a lot of people dead in their tracks to upgrade.

I personally don't see Samsung or apple going anywhere anytime soon.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Let's keep in mind Samsung dropped trade in values in half on the S23 phones. There's a difference when you can upgrade for a couple-three hundred dollars versus $700 after trade INS. That stopped a lot of people dead in their tracks to upgrade.

I personally don't see Samsung or apple going anywhere anytime soon.

That’s not really accurate, Samsung isn’t going anywhere, but Samsung mobile has been shrinking every year to the point that Samsung is including more subdivisions every year to bolster Samsung mobiles profit and failing. Samsung mobile has had their flagships decrease in sales every year before 2023’s disastrous lower trade in value, which directly refutes your assertion.

You do realize Samsung profit had a 70% drop last quarter .

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really a fanboy for anyone. I had Samsung flagships for over ten years and really like them. I now have an iphone 14 pm and an Apple Watch 8 Ultra both of which I am very happy with. I also bought an ipad air with the magic keyboard but returned those as I didn't see me getting enough use from them (but they were also very nice products).

I still have an S22 Ultra and a Z Flip 4 (I really liked that folding phone).

My reason for moving to Apple has nothing to do with the quality of Samsung vs Apple but with privacy and security although both have issues I feel that Apple is more protective of my private information.

However, I just read a few days ago in an Apple centric magazine that in the last quarter Samsung phones overtook Apple in the percentage of phones being sold. I didn't and won't base my phone buying on who sells the most but rather who sells the product that most meets my needs.

I think the watch 8 ultra is superior in most areas to my Samsung watch 5 pro except for sleep monitoring. The differences in the phones is dependent on your wants and needs. The Sammy s23 ultra screen is amazing and the phone is bloody fast, but google wants to gather and maintain and sell my life's history and also my current ongoing daily activities and that's not acceptable to me. But I still have to be careful with IOS apps, for example I looked at Waze and by downloading and using it I was giving permission for them to download and monitor all of my activities and locations and contacts and appointments. No way that app will ever be on my phone.

So, right now I'm loving my iphone 14 pm and watch 8 ultra and plan to stay with IOS and I'll stay here as long as Apple keeps moving in the right direction for me.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
However, I just read a few days ago in an Apple centric magazine that in the last quarter Samsung phones overtook Apple in the percentage of phones being sold. I didn't and won't base my phone buying on who sells the most but rather who sells the product that most meets my needs.

No idea what you read but a 95% drop in profits in q1 isn’t what Wall Street would “doing great”.

Yup Samsung is doing great , hope they continue .

32d68586bd511a51f47f2a9ead9d6533.png

a0a762c4ed257450ed583cc95e442b74.png

373632f1bcf5c38070d85e82cdfaf024.jpg

26d724247ab21713af21cb49aca6eb1a.png

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
No idea what you read but a 95% drop in profits in q1 isn’t what Wall Street would “doing great”.

Yup Samsung is doing great , hope they continue .

32d68586bd511a51f47f2a9ead9d6533.png

a0a762c4ed257450ed583cc95e442b74.png

373632f1bcf5c38070d85e82cdfaf024.jpg

26d724247ab21713af21cb49aca6eb1a.png

I don't base my decisions on what others do, I can think for myself. I'll get what works for me. Apple is nowhere close to perfect either. I hope this forum isn't about bashing Samsung, I don't have time for that. We help each other in the android forums. I can list several things Samsung does better and several things iphone does better.

As far as Samsung"phones" going under, we all better hope that don't happen. Competition keeps everyone in check.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't base my decisions on what others do, I can think for myself. I'll get what works for me. Apple is nowhere close to perfect either. I hope this forum isn't about bashing Samsung, I don't have time for that. We help each other in the android forums. I can list several things Samsung does better and several things iphone does better.

As far as Samsung"phones" going under, we all better hope that don't happen. Competition keeps everyone in check.

Blackberry users and Microsoft Windows phone users used to say the same thing, sales apparently do matter.

Premium Samsung phones have already gone under, because they can’t compete. The chart is posted above, the iPhone has 75% of that segment.

Sure, posting Samsungs quarterly performance is considered “bashing”.

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
I'm not really a fanboy for anyone. I had Samsung flagships for over ten years and really like them. I now have an iphone 14 pm and an Apple Watch 8 Ultra both of which I am very happy with. I also bought an ipad air with the magic keyboard but returned those as I didn't see me getting enough use from them (but they were also very nice products).

I still have an S22 Ultra and a Z Flip 4 (I really liked that folding phone).

My reason for moving to Apple has nothing to do with the quality of Samsung vs Apple but with privacy and security although both have issues I feel that Apple is more protective of my private information.

I think the watch 8 ultra is superior in most areas to my Samsung watch 5 pro except for sleep monitoring. The differences in the phones is dependent on your wants and needs. The Sammy s23 ultra screen is amazing and the phone is bloody fast, but google wants to gather and maintain and sell my life's history and also my current ongoing daily activities and that's not acceptable to me. But I still have to be careful with IOS apps, for example I looked at Waze and by downloading and using it I was giving permission for them to download and monitor all of my activities and locations and contacts and appointments. No way that app will ever be on my phone.

So, right now I'm loving my iphone 14 pm and watch 8 ultra and plan to stay with IOS and I'll stay here as long as Apple keeps moving in the right direction for me.

Perfectly said. I give the thumbs up to the apple watch over Samsung's watch 5 pro also. My reason to try iphone was Samsung not wanting to stand behind the hinge on the fold 4. I've been tossing the idea of trying iphone for a couple years and Samsung nudged me to do that. I'll say iphone isn't too bad. There's definitely a learning curve, but I think I can make it work. I would almost say if it wasn't for the apple watch ultra being so great I might not stay with the iphone. The watch probably accounts for 70% of the reason for me to stay. I have the Samsung S23U also and phone to phone there's not enough reason to switch for me, I would stay on Samsungs sinking ship. . The ultra watch is just amazing

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
Blackberry users and Microsoft Windows phone users used to say the same thing, sales apparently do matter.

Premium Samsung phones have already gone under, because they can’t compete. The chart is posted above, the iPhone has 75% of that segment.

Sure, posting Samsungs quarterly performance is considered “bashing”.

Again, I don't care. Facts are facts... Competition is good. Iphone losing their competition isn't going to make them better. I am debating about bringing my other 10 lines to iphone, but maybe I better help keep the competition going and leave them with Samsung.

I hope this forum isn't all about iphone is better, we are the best.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Perfectly said. I give the thumbs up to the apple watch over Samsung's watch 5 pro also. My reason to try iphone was Samsung not wanting to stand behind the hinge on the fold 4. I've been tossing the idea of trying iphone for a couple years and Samsung nudged me to do that. I'll say iphone isn't too bad. There's definitely a learning curve, but I think I can make it work. I would almost say if it wasn't for the apple watch ultra being so great I might not stay with the iphone. The watch probably accounts for 70% of the reason for me to stay. I have the Samsung S23U also and phone to phone there's not enough reason to switch for me, I would stay on Samsungs sinking ship. . The ultra watch is just amazing

Quality wise I'm not finding a difference between Samsung and Apple. The Samsung screen is noticeably better but the privacy protections are more granular and stronger on iphone and those are critical for me. The watch 8 Ultra is a beast both in size and abilities and I think it is superior to the Sammy watch 5 pro.

As mentioned earlier I still have my S22 ultra and Z Flip 4, but they sit on my desk uncharged and unused.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Again, I don't care. Facts are facts... Competition is good. Iphone losing their competition isn't going to make them better. I am debating about bringing my other 10 lines to iphone, but maybe I better help keep the competition going and leave them with Samsung.

I hope this forum isn't all about iphone is better, we are the best.

Again, 75% vs 15% isn’t considered competition, facts are facts.

You seem to be conflating quantitative data with bias, they are in fact two different things.

Hope Samsung won’t deny any more claims with those 10 phones .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro