Android to apple

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
You bought a lot of Samsung devices last year.*

Hope you can get something back for them, Best of luck.

I did, guess I'm a little nuts. The 22 plus was the wife's and the ultra and flip were mine. I'll probably put them on Swappa in the next week or so. I'm not really concerned about how much I get for them, I just want to see someone get some good use out of them and I usually let my old phones go at good prices and I always take excellent care of my phones.

So far, really enjoying the iPhone 14 pro max and the watch 8 ultra. There was some real concern about making such a big change but all is working out well.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I did, guess I'm a little nuts. The 22 plus was the wife's and the ultra and flip were mine. I'll probably put them on Swappa in the next week or so. I'm not really concerned about how much I get for them, I just want to see someone get some good use out of them and I usually let my old phones go at good prices and I always take excellent care of my phones.

So far, really enjoying the iPhone 14 pro max and the watch 8 ultra. There was some real concern about making such a big change but all is working out well.

That’s actually pretty nice of you.

Pro max and aw ultra thats , now all you need are some AirPods Pro for some spatial audio voodoo .

What color did you settle on for the pro max?

Reactions: Annie_M

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
That’s actually pretty nice of you.

Pro max and aw ultra thats , now all you need are some AirPods Pro for some spatial audio voodoo .

What color did you settle on for the pro max?

Bought a pair of AirPods Pro 2 just two weeks ago. Got a pair of Charjen Foams for them (I have fit issue with my left ear) and I got a perfect fit, couldn't be happier.

When it came to color on the iPhone 14 pro maxes I didn't have options. The.night before going to the Apple store I called to check on inventory. I talked a central call center but they had access to the various stores stock. I had to order them and pay for them on the phone that night because only one store had two in stock and they wouldn't hold unless I paid up front and picked them up the next day. So on January 1 we drove 185 miles to pick up our black (mine) and lavender (wife's) iphones. While at.the store we picked a watch ultra for myself and for my wife and a bag full of cables, plugs, couple of phone cases and some watchbands.
It was one expensive weekend!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Bought a pair of AirPods Pro 2 just two weeks ago. Got a pair of Charjen Foams for them (I have fit issue with my left ear) and I got a perfect fit, couldn't be happier.

When it came to color on the iPhone 14 pro maxes I didn't have options. The.night before going to the Apple store I called to check on inventory. I talked a central call center but they had access to the various stores stock. I had to order them and pay for them on the phone that night because only one store had two in stock and they wouldn't hold unless I paid up front and picked them up the next day. So on January 1 we drove 185 miles to pick up our black (mine) and lavender (wife's) iphones. While at.the store we picked a watch ultra for myself and for my wife and a bag full of cables, plugs, couple of phone cases and some watchbands.
It was one expensive weekend!

That’s brillant.

Space black and deep purple pro max, Apple Watch ultra, AirPods Pro, MagSafe chargers. Sounds like you got everything except AirTags and the kitchen sink . Enjoy them in good health.

I would stay away from iCloud, if you get used to the privacy you may never want to leave the walled garden.

Last edited:

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

If you sell them, be sure to take video of yourself packing the phones. I almost got burned about five years ago by a buyer when I sold him a brand new in box an iPhone 7 Plus. He claimed I never sen the phone and he sent me back an empty box. I had video proof that I packed up a brand new phone and even showed the pull tab for the plastic was on the box before I put it in the package showing the shipping label and the guy's address. That's what saved me.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice! I've run into a potential deal breaking problem with the iPhone and my music. I've posted about it asking for advice over in the music forum.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just reading some of the posts here. For a long time I used to think Android superior but as we age we often get wiser. I now appreciate the simplicity of iOS and that it works so well without much, if any, effort on my part. That said, the new Sammy flagships always catch my eye…so with that justification I got an S23 Ultra yesterday. Its a great phone and alongside this 12 mini, 13PM, and my 14PM I thought my phone desires would be satiated.

…but I find myself not wanting to “fiddle” with Android like I loved to in the past. …and out of the box, iOS is far superior. I’m thinking I may have “buyers remorse” and return the S23 Ultra except the deal was really good. Never thought I’d feel that way because the S23U is an exceptional piece of kit.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Just reading some of the posts here. For a long time I used to think Android superior but as we age we often get wiser. I now appreciate the simplicity of iOS and that it works so well without much, if any, effort on my part. That said, the new Sammy flagships always catch my eye…so with that justification I got an S23 Ultra yesterday. Its a great phone and alongside this 12 mini, 13PM, and my 14PM I thought my phone desires would be satiated.

…but I find myself not wanting to “fiddle” with Android like I loved to in the past. …and out of the box, iOS is far superior. I’m thinking I may have “buyers remorse” and return the S23 Ultra except the deal was really good. Never thought I’d feel that way because the S23U is an exceptional piece of kit.

I'm there with you. Never thought I'd see the day when I wasn't pre-ordering Sammy's latest and greatest. I still think they make a great phone but privacy and security have become high on my list of must haves on a phone. Surprised the hell out of me that I wasn't chomping at the bit to get the S23 Ultra but I've read the forums at Android Central and I'm just not tempted.

I'm really enjoying this iphone 14 pm and even with a couple of hiccups (one major one seemingly self induced) I think I'm here to stay. Also loving the watch 8 Ultra.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

You are not the only one and it has been hitting Samsungs like a brick.

5c90a201313faa7da63951aec50a94b5.png

Unless you got your s23 for 80% off, it wasn’t a very good deal.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

I'm actually thinking the opposite of you. The S Pen has always been useful for me and I'm actually thinking about trading in my 14 Pro Max for the S23 Ultra. iPad + Apple Pencil isn't the same experience as using the S Pen on a phone since most of my ideas come spontaneously.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually thinking the opposite of you. The S Pen has always been useful for me and I'm actually thinking about trading in my 14 Pro Max for the S23 Ultra. iPad + Apple Pencil isn't the same experience as using the S Pen on a phone since most of my ideas come spontaneously.

Try as I have, the S-Pen has always been just a neat trick, albeit one that I’ve had to remind and force myself to use. For those that use/need it there’s no peers to it. For my needs the Apple pencil works well on my Mini and Pro on the occasions that I want it.

Last edited:

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Try as I have, the S-Pen has always been just a neat trick, albeit one that I’ve had to remind and force myself to use. For that use/need it there’s no peers to it. For my needs the Apple pencil works well on my Mini and Pro on the occasions that I want it.

Yes, but I don't have my iPad Pro with me out in public when I need to write something down. That's why it's more than just a trick for someone like me.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
For some its cars, others…motorcycles…still others its boats, for some it’s computers. For me, for years, its been phones and tech. My very guilty pleasure.

Used to collect phones a while ago, from the mid 90s way before android and iPhone . I kept all my phones, never really needed to sell or trade any of them, I was also an avid car collector at the time, mostly German, English, and Italian before boredom set in.

Here is part of the collection, I believe this was in a 3 year or 4 year period.
07bc3cda7e066899cea48bb2b991eee6.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit