Android to apple

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I switch pretty often between the two platforms. My biggest gripe is the navigation with Android being so much easier. I really need face time as I am getting older as are my siblings and face time is a great way to communicate. Anyone else find android much easier to navigate around the operating system.
Why can't apple have a way to close all apps at once of have a back button at the bottom not all the way at the top of the screen. Apple needs to look at these items and make some changes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With a good deal of iOS mobile apps, all you have to is swipe right on the screen to go back. No need to use a back button.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
There isn’t one platform that is best absolutely. Switching will come with at least one complaint about the other doing something better. I switched to iOS at the release of iPhone 6+ and remember having a few complaints. But most of it was just needing patience to acclimate to the new user interface/user experience. There are so many sites and videos (imore for one) that will give you optimal best practices-tips-tricks. I highly recommend just devoting a bit of time to using these.
-Dynamic Island has given some A+ navigation possibilities. Hopefully this expands.
-An Apple Explained YT video will describe why it is best practice to leave apps open. The need to close all apps should be rare.
-it is scientifically proven that switching to iPhone and away from Android increases an IQ by 10% or more. :) /s

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I admit the new iPhone has a lot of good changes I like. I use to keep both platforms when I had 2 phone numbers but since I am only down to one number I keep going back and forth. My biggest reason to make the change again my family is getting much older and all of my 7 brothers and sisters use iPhone so face time is big between them. So far it looks like I am staying but I will know better in a few days.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am the opposite even tho I love some of the phones google and Samsung makes, I just cant with the software. always been an iPhone user and my previous job had to use a Samsung work phone. man cant see myself getting use to it lol

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If you bought an iPhone and expect its ui to function like an android you are going to be disappointed, no matter what happens.

Seems like you need apples ecosystem, might as well enjoy the ui and the premium hardware. Apples iPhones are quite cohesive and tight when used with other apple hardware and services.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I can work both platforms without issue just saying how much easier android is to operate. Apple can learn from Android and make some changes.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I can work both platforms without issue just saying how much easier android is to operate. Apple can learn from Android and make some changes.

Doesn’t sound like it.

If android was much easier than iOS Samsung, google and other android oems wouldn’t copy iOS ui and gestures every year.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Changes, such as?

Respectfully, iOS is a lot easier to use then Android, and I still use Android daily.

Where Android kicks iOS’ butt is customization. I love Nova Launcher app on Android. iOS will never have any customizations that detailed. And that’s where Android becomes a little more difficult to use, because of that customization.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

“How much easier”??
Sure, something can be learned from any player in the smartphone market. But that’s basically a platitude. On the whole, the IOS combination of sw and hw is easier to use and that’s a statement that can be fairly easily quantified. First up, ask yourself why Apple can offer 5 years of full OS support when the next closest is Samsung at 3 years? Is it because the iOS ecosystem is harder to use and the Android smartphone ecosystem is “how much easier?”. No, the very un-easier of Android smartphone ecosystem makes writing each year’s OS very difficult. Android has put in everything under the kitchen sink into the OS and hardware. That in and of itself would be extremely unlikely to be “how much easier”.

As stated before, when used to one, the other will seem harder.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I used to be all in on Android. But now that many in the US have them and rely on iMessage and FaceTime, I've gone all in on Apple. I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max, Apple Watch Ultra, MacBook Pro M1, Apple TV 4K (latest gen), and yesterday I picked up an iPad Air (2022). I like how everything syncs together and that the battery life in all those devices is amazing. Plus, whenever I'm in Chicago, I can scan my Ventra card without ever needing to unlock the phone.

I can't ever see myself going back to Android.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I used to be all in on Android. But now that many in the US have them and rely on iMessage and FaceTime, I've gone all in on Apple. I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max, Apple Watch Ultra, MacBook Pro M1, Apple TV 4K (latest gen), and yesterday I picked up an iPad Air (2022). I like how everything syncs together and that the battery life in all those devices is amazing. Plus, whenever I'm in Chicago, I can scan my Ventra card without ever needing to unlock the phone.

I can't ever see myself going back to Android.
I can see that but I have learned to work between the two over the years and it's not a problem now.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
“How much easier”??
Sure, something can be learned from any player in the smartphone market. But that’s basically a platitude. On the whole, the IOS combination of sw and hw is easier to use and that’s a statement that can be fairly easily quantified. First up, ask yourself why Apple can offer 5 years of full OS support when the next closest is Samsung at 3 years? Is it because the iOS ecosystem is harder to use and the Android smartphone ecosystem is “how much easier?”. No, the very un-easier of Android smartphone ecosystem makes writing each year’s OS very difficult. Android has put in everything under the kitchen sink into the OS and hardware. That in and of itself would be extremely unlikely to be “how much easier”.

As stated before, when used to one, the other will seem harder.

Quite true.

By “implemented” they mean copy.
164dd428dfe0ac78e25611b36ed19593.png

I would wager android will try to copy apples aod next.

4b7542bc5f3d10f640611519fb001993.png

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Mr. Segundus and o4liberty, I've been on Android since forever and remember you both from the Android central forums. I tried moving to the iPhone about three years ago but itunes and a huge music collection didn't go well together and I sold my 11 pro max after two months.

On January 1 my wife and I took a trip to an Apple store and came away with two iphone 14 pro Max's, two watch 8 Ultras and a pile of.chargers and cables so that we have them available in our cars, RV and around the house. I found a third party utility that handles my music files and transfers (Mobimover) and it works well. After a bit of a learning curve we're really liking the fact that we.switched.

It's good to see a couple of familiar faces over here.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Mr. Segundus and o4liberty, I've been on Android since forever and remember you both from the Android central forums. I tried moving to the iPhone about three years ago but itunes and a huge music collection didn't go well together and I sold my 11 pro max after two months.

On January 1 my wife and I took a trip to an Apple store and came away with two iphone 14 pro Max's, two watch 8 Ultras and a pile of.chargers and cables so that we have them available in our cars, RV and around the house. I found a third party utility that handles my music files and transfers (Mobimover) and it works well. After a bit of a learning curve we're really liking the fact that we.switched.

It's good to see a couple of familiar faces over here.

I still dabble in Android quite a bit. I currently have a Z Fold 4 that I use as a tablet around the house. I was able to get it for super cheap.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I still dabble in Android quite a bit. I currently have a Z Fold 4 that I use as a tablet around the house. I was able to get it for super cheap.

I still have an S 22 Ultra, S22 Plus, and aZ Flip 4. Still love the form factor of the flip, I'm going to miss that. I have an super old first generation ipad here that still works fine but can't be updated. I need to sell the Sammys rather than let them just sit around until they're worthless. The S22 Plus is the wife's so I'll only sell that if she doesn't want it as a backup.

The shape of the Fold and girth when closed is a problem for me but that large screen would have been nice.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I still have an S 22 Ultra, S22 Plus, and aZ Flip 4. Still love the form factor of the flip, I'm going to miss that. I have an super old first generation ipad here that still works fine but can't be updated. I need to sell the Sammys rather than let them just sit around until they're worthless. The S22 Plus is the wife's so I'll only sell that if she doesn't want it as a backup.

The shape of the Fold and girth when closed is a problem for me but that large screen would have been nice.

You bought a lot of Samsung devices last year.*

Hope you can get something back for them, Best of luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73