Android convert

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't wait for the new iPhone so I got the 5 Friday. I must say that I am impressed. This thing is super fast.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Congrats and as part of the iMore team let me be the first from the team to Welcome you and let you know that we are very happy to have you here. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to reach out to any of us including our knowledgeable members of which any of us will be happy to help.Please take a few minutes to read the Community Rules & Guidelines and once again thank you for joining iMore!

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Congrats and as part of the iMore team let me be the first from the team to Welcome you and let you know that we are very happy to have you here. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to reach out to any of us including our knowledgeable members of which any of us will be happy to help.Please take a few minutes to read the Community Rules & Guidelines and once again thank you for joining iMore!

I appreciate the welcome. I have been a member of the iMore community for some time as I bought my wife an iPad mini recently and had the obligatory newbie questions. I must say that most everyone is very helpful with issues and "dumb" questions. I look forward to learning more and more about this operating system as I get used to this phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the welcome. I have been a member of the iMore community for some time as I bought my wife an iPad mini recently and had the obligatory newbie questions. I must say that most everyone is very helpful with issues and "dumb" questions. I look forward to learning more and more about this operating system as I get used to this phone.
No dumb questions here. We don't think that way. Just ask and we will answer. I am sure your wife will be happy with the iPad Mini. :) Have a good evening.

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah if you had the G-Nex toss that crap into the ether! Haha.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

She was a decent phone from the word go. It helped me learn the process of rooting and flashing roms. So far I must say that I am enjoying my iPhone experience. No regrets

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Congrats and welcome aboard! Over the years, I have always gotten curious and tried out different phones (android, wp, even blackberry back in the day), but I have ALWAYS come back to the iPhone. Welcome to a great community and enjoy!

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Recently traded an HTC One for a 5. Think I'll be sticking around for a while, this time. I'm not new to iOS, but Android just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I'm really enjoying the 5. I've had the 4S before, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I am the 5. Don't know why. Either way, I'll be here for a while.

Sent from my iPhone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Recently traded an HTC One for a 5. Think I'll be sticking around for a while, this time. I'm not new to iOS, but Android just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I'm really enjoying the 5. I've had the 4S before, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I am the 5. Don't know why. Either way, I'll be here for a while.
The iPhone5 will be even better with iOS7.

captaincalamity

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Having owned android phones right back when android was invented. Last android was the Xperia Z and an Htc one before that. Have recently returned to iOS with an iPhone 5 and really enjoying the lighter weight and larger 4" screen than my old iPhone 4S I owned last year.
I do miss some of the android world. But looking at ios7. I think this should fill in some of the missing elements. Coming from the Xda forums, this does seem a nice fresh forum

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Having owned android phones right back when android was invented. Last android was the Xperia Z and an Htc one before that. Have recently returned to iOS with an iPhone 5 and really enjoying the lighter weight and larger 4" screen than my old iPhone 4S I owned last year.
I do miss some of the android world. But looking at ios7. I think this should fill in some of the missing elements. Coming from the Xda forums, this does seem a nice fresh forum
Welcome to iMore. :) Good luck with your new iPhone 5. As Keith said above, the iPhone 5 will be even better running iOS 7.

uwatto

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
My Iphone 5 power button was playing up recently, had to press it a few times for it to work, I drove up to the apple store in Belfast on Saturday, and they replaced it with a new one. I was delighted, love the new phone, but she will be dumped soon for the younger 5s, anyway the moral of the story is, if I had a Samsung I would have been screwed, just a pity no apple store in Dublin or anywhere in the Irish republic

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Originally Posted by Dog5000
What prompted you to switch?
Mostly the direction android is heading. Too much fragmentation and bs on Verizon

This is exactly why my fascination with the Moto X stopped. Spent some time on the Android forum and its hard to keep the phones and the different OS' straight. There's so many versions of everything. So, I'm sticking with my 5. If the 5S looks good to me, I'll get that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro