And you thought your battery sucked...

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a volunteer with the local CERT program. Yeater day we had a call-out for a a lost child. I was working Operations. The person I was working with had an Android phone. I have a generic Mophie battery pack that left me coming home after a 12 hour search with 92% of my battery after a lot of phone calls, photo texting, and map usage. My counterpart had to plug his Android into a charger (he used a car emergency charger) after about 4 hours use with his droid. Kinda restricted his movements quite a bit. Cracked me up to see the phone plugged into this big charger. Kinda defeated the whole benefit of having a portable pocket size phone. Don't think I'll ever complain about the Apple batteries again...

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey mate. Very true.

Since I used my mophie, I was superb happy with my battery and looking at my fianc?e android who burn battery fast.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
True, I just got 3 days of standby time, with over 5 1/2 hours of usage on my 4S. I never even came close to getting 24 hours with any of my Androids. Although the supplied batteries that came with my Androids weren't as good as the one in my 4S either. Also, I never had my settings tweaked for optimal use as I do on my 4S either which might have helped somewhat.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
True, I just got 3 days of standby time, with over 5 1/2 hours of usage on my 4S. I never even came close to getting 24 hours with any of my Androids. Although the supplied batteries that came with my Androids weren't as good as the one in my 4S either. Also, I never had my settings tweaked for optimal use as I do on my 4S either which might have helped somewhat.

I doubt it, I've owned several androids and even with the settings optimized way more than what I have on my 4S they would barely last from the time I got up in the morning, til I got home. I always had an extra charger with me.

Another reason why I love my iPhone 4S

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it, I've owned several androids and even with the settings optimized way more than what I have on my 4S they would barely last from the time I got up in the morning, til I got home. I always had an extra charger with me.

Another reason why I love my iPhone 4S

There are days that I have worked a 12 hours shift and came home with my Androids and had at least 20% left. Granted I never got the same as my iPhone 4S but I did make it till the night or late evening with a few of my Androids. There are apps in the Android market that can help prolong the battery in the Androids a little.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Me too... a nice volunteer opportunity where available.

I'm with Sacramento Metro Fire and we get used a lot for search parties, severe weather call-outs, medical support for community events (I'm an EMT on the side), along with a wide variety of other activities for the community. There are some pretty awesome programs in the area with some great regional coverage. We're even tasked as a level 4 team assigned to the FD's Task Force US&R team. The iPhone 4S and iPad 3 are great for use with CERT. My iPad 3 was used a lot as a map for making team assignment deciasions and the 4s with screen capture I could send out photos of maps to search teams and pics of potentail evidence on what to look for. Outperformed everything else. Unfortunately last night, the search came to an end in a bad way.