Anaylist says Iphone to TMobile

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm no fan of Faux news or cnn or msnbc either, but if this turns out to be true it would offer a cheaper plan than AT&T. Maybe not having the exclusivity contract would allow better service improvements on AT&T. I don't have an IPhone, but I like the technology that goes into it. I love my pre, and I'm waiting for the next pre on Sprint. I think competition only benefits the consumer, and with the Droid, Evo, Palm etc out there along with the Iphone, the technology is just getting better for all of us.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
They did say iPhone 4 is penta-band. Others on the forum have said it still doesn't support T-Mo 3G, but I think it actually does. Either way I think T-Mo might offer incentives to iPhone users because it's now compatible with T-Mo 3G.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well, T-Mobile could get it, but the chips currently inside still don't support their 3G network. You'd be stuck living on the EDGE or even, <gasp>, GPRS. I feel it would be cheaper though on their plan. Then again, I also think capacity would be an issue as well.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, T-Mobile could get it, but the chips currently inside still don't support their 3G network. You'd be stuck living on the EDGE or even, <gasp>, GPRS. I feel it would be cheaper though on their plan. Then again, I also think capacity would be an issue as well.

According to the article the new iPhone does support T-Mobile.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Putting the iPhone on T-Mobile would be a step backward for apple. Doesn't make sense imo

...? Why? It makes a lot more sense than putting it on Verizon, which is CDMA, meaning they'd be making a whole other unit that they can only use on for one or two carriers in the entire world. T-Mobile's GSM technologies are used by other carriers worldwide.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree that it's easier than making a CDMA version but t-mo's network is way too slow. My friend has his iPhone unlocked and using t-mo and it is like the speed of my old 2g version.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
According to the article the new iPhone does support T-Mobile.

You are half correct. T-Mobile USA does operate their 3G in the 1700 and 2100 Mhz frequency. However, T-Mobile uses the 1700 Mhz band for the uplink and 2100 Mhz for the downlink. You must have both to use their 3G, which Apple obviously doesn't. No T-Mobile 3G folks. Sorry.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree that it's easier than making a CDMA version but t-mo's network is way too slow. My friend has his iPhone unlocked and using t-mo and it is like the speed of my old 2g version.

Some people in certain markets are getting 6mbps on T-Mobile. And they're improving. So you never know.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
You are half correct. T-Mobile USA does operate their 3G in the 1700 and 2100 Mhz frequency. However, T-Mobile uses the 1700 Mhz band for the uplink and 2100 Mhz for the downlink. You must have both to use their 3G, which Apple obviously doesn't. No T-Mobile 3G folks. Sorry.

Then at least you'll be able to use it for 3G download speeds, which is what most people care about..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hope

Isn't the US the only place that only has the iPhone on 1 Carrier? I don't see why the hell Verizon is still CDMA:confused: here in Canada Bell & Telus banded together and built their LTE network so they could get the iPhone. I think when more carriers have it then it's better for the consumer because the carrier can't twist your arm with data plans and calling packages. Does Apple really lose out if AT&T isn't the only one with the phone? Apple isn't the one selling the phone service so as long as the phone sells, which it will no matter which carrier, as we can see since people JB it to have it on other carriers, then Apple would be making money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh