An iPhone with ads isn’t an iPhone: Why ads will ruin the “premium” Apple experience

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Just no. Not unless they want to sell iPhones for $300. And then I'd be looking into perhaps a Pixel with Graphene OS before suffering an ad-riddled mess.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I’m baffled at the fact that Apple is considering doing this.

My example - There are “free” games that I downloaded & literally every minute or 2 the game is interrupted with a 30 second ad. Delete. I understand that ads bring in funds for the developers to put the apps out but some games are just ridiculously over run with ads way to often. Those don’t last on my phone more than a day at best because how enjoyable can it be to play a game that’s constantly interrupted.

So, getting to my point. If Apple starts putting ads in say, maps…how will that affect using the app when needed to navigate to a location. ???
Will maps be in the middle of a direction command and suddenly
!BAM! [insert ad here]
your navigation gets interrupted…..and you miss your turn or exit….

IF Apple starts to implement ads within the software, creating bloatware causing a nuisance to use the platform, unfortunately at that point I will reconsider my platform choice.

Until it actually becomes a “thing” I’m not going to get worked up or worry about it. But honestly, let’s hope it doesn’t come to fruition.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I cannot think of an intelligent reason for them to do so. It's not like they're hurting for money. It would only turn people away. Greed certainly makes people do strange things though.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I know that on Waze maps, you see place-markers with logos for certain hotels and restaurants. If that's the kind of advertising we'd see on Apple's maps, it wouldn't be so bad. But if there are flash ad's... YUCK!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just no. Not unless they want to sell iPhones for $300. And then I'd be looking into perhaps a Pixel with Graphene OS before suffering an ad-riddled mess.

That’s a dangerous idea.

Can you imagine an iPhone for 300 dollars only caveat is ads.

Personally not a fan of ads.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I know that on Waze maps, you see place-markers with logos for certain hotels and restaurants. If that's the kind of advertising we'd see on Apple's maps, it wouldn't be so bad. But if there are flash ad's... YUCK!
I've never personally used Waze but I can visualize what you mean. Might not be too bad but a precursor of what's to come.

They're prepping us for AI glasses. Instead of a flat map on a phone it will be 3d as we drive, walk, move around. Going past businesses we will see each labeled with its logo and maybe a sale price or gas price etc. Live, virtual ads everywhere you go right in front of your eyes. All for the low, low price of......

I know I'll be passing on those.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I really dislike advertisements,should by any chance Apple start putting them on my iPhone/Pad, it will be time to go back to a simpler device. I would think that Apple would do well to allow no ads on its own apps at all. I have trained myself to never buy any product that has been advertised at me, have content blockers and a quick to skip thumb. Advertisements are an intrusion into my paid for time, in fact in some cases they are not even intended to sell a product, but an attempt to force us into subscribing to expensive “Ad Free” programmes such as YouTube premium. Which is so ad free as to allow its content makers to embed their own ads (I wonder what YT takes off that revenue ?!).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh