AMD throws shade at Apple silicon, announces speedy new chips of its own

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
>>>Ryzen processors with Ryzen AI outperform the Apple M2 CPU by up to 20% while being up to 50% more energy efficient<<<

Good but let’s see it. One slightly sneaky item, 50% more energy efficient than what? The mental connection is 50% than M2 but that won’t be the case (it would be great if it were the case).
I think the writer makes a good point that it’s still Windows. :)

Last point is AMD’s cautionary statement at the end. They let it be very known that “up to” and expects etc etc are assumptions not fact.
Unfortunately this is a very important statement, one that is becoming more needed with chipmakers especially (most especially pointed at Intel).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
>>>Ryzen processors with Ryzen AI outperform the Apple M2 CPU by up to 20% while being up to 50% more energy efficient<<<

Good but let’s see it. One slightly sneaky item, 50% more energy efficient than what? The mental connection is 50% than M2 but that won’t be the case (it would be great if it were the case).
I think the writer makes a good point that it’s still Windows. :)

Last point is AMD’s cautionary statement at the end. They let it be very known that “up to” and expects etc etc are assumptions not fact.
Unfortunately this is a very important statement, one that is becoming more needed with chipmakers especially (most especially pointed at Intel).

(Laughing)…We’ve been reading too long and have learned to automatically spot the parts where you’re expected to draw your own conclusions and thus shield the author from accusations that he or she gave false claims.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
(Laughing)…We’ve been reading too long and have learned to automatically spot the parts where you’re expected to draw your own conclusions and thus shield the author from accusations that he or she gave false claims.

Funny D. Very true though the “we” part of “we’ve been reading too long” put us in a definite minority. The majority often take the headline as a fact. :). But Chipmakers are taking the ‘wild claims are a fact, wink wink’ to an art form. I think it was MediaTek’s previous mobile SOC that was going to scorch anything, a quantum computer in your pocket. Then their starkly underwhelming SOC was released.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR