Amazon Prime just gave everyone 100 million songs, but there's a catch

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
One possible benefit of Amazon Prime Music is that there are a lot of tracks that have not been remastered, and some mono singles, so may sound closer to the music you remember. I really dislike remastered tracks that have been pruned out of shape !

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This is a nice benefit to Amazon Prime members who are casual music listeners. I don't buy Prime but I know those who do.

I don't think this will affect Amazon Premium, Apple Music or Spotify premium subscribers. Just IMHO, I can't imagine listening to music without full control of songs and playlists. But I can see the free=ad supported listeners getting less listening time from users. ((Hearing ads between several songs? Yea to hell with that :) ))

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This is a nice benefit to Amazon Prime members who are casual music listeners. I don't buy Prime but I know those who do.

I don't think this will affect Amazon Premium, Apple Music or Spotify premium subscribers. Just IMHO, I can't imagine listening to music without full control of songs and playlists. But I can see the free=ad supported listeners getting less listening time from users. ((Hearing ads between several songs? Yea to hell with that ))

I do have Premium, mostly to buy little oddities I could not easily find otherwise. So not having thought of it before because I use Spotify (all remastered). I got the Premium Music app and set up a small playlist of un-remastered music. On checking said playlist I get a message that Amazon has taken it upon itself to add tracks that I had not carefully examined first. Well, that’s the end of that then !
PS, I like short,album length playlists.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I do have Premium, mostly to buy little oddities I could not easily find otherwise. So not having thought of it before because I use Spotify (all remastered). I got the Premium Music app and set up a small playlist of un-remastered music. On checking said playlist I get a message that Amazon has taken it upon itself to add tracks that I had not carefully examined first. Well, that’s the end of that then !
PS, I like short,album length playlists.

I have a lot of playlists that are 20 songs or less. It’s taken a lot of remembering, listening, back and forth sorting to get my playlists to where they are (but still growing). My, or any, music provider seriously messing with my playlists is fighting words.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR