Am I the only one like this?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense that people are a little nervous given how much they paid.

Pay for AppleCare+. With insurance comes peace of mind.

When I got my 5s from Best Buy, immediately went to the nearby Apple Store to get AppleCare and the new leather case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why u say that

Because it's true...people get caught up in whether a replacement is a new in box or a refurbished in box. It's literally the same product, made out of new parts, so for all intents and purposes, it IS a new in box phone. For some reason, people get really heated about getting one that is replacing their used (and most of the time BROKEN) device. I just find it funny how caught up people are in the new vs. refurbished arena.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Because it's true...people get caught up in whether a replacement is a new in box or a refurbished in box. It's literally the same product, made out of new parts, so for all intents and purposes, it IS a new in box phone. For some reason, people get really heated about getting one that is replacing their used (and most of the time BROKEN) device. I just find it funny how caught up people are in the new vs. refurbished arena.

You right about that. But he said that the Employee knocked it down to the floor. So if it was me I would like a new phone from the box. But that me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You right about that. But he said that the Employee knocked it down to the floor. So if it was me I would like a new phone from the box. But that me.

And that's fine, I can understand the preference in that situation...but to be honest, the one you're getting as a refurbished unit is essentially identical to a new in box model, and if they handed it to you and told you it was brand new out of the box, you'd never know the difference.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
And that's fine, I can understand the preference in that situation...but to be honest, the one you're getting as a refurbished unit is essentially identical to a new in box model, and if they handed it to you and told you it was brand new out of the box, you'd never know the difference.

That is so true. But if it was u. Would u care. Even if it was a apple Employee Working doing

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That is so true. But if it was u. Would u care. Even if it was a apple Employee Working doing

Personally, not really. But that's just me, after having several iPhone's replaced over the years with refurbished ones, I never once thought of it as anything less than a brand new device.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Did they give you a brand new in the Retail box or the Refurbished one

Refurbished unit. Handled it like a warranty exchange saying it has "activation issues" because I didn't want the guy to get in trouble. The way he reacted to the phone being dropped was non-chalant. "Oh, it's fine. The glass didn't break. It's gorilla glass." I kindly showed him the new scuffs that were created on the bezel due to the fall and the small bottom strip of glass on the back had a alight crack. It was an accident on his part and I didn't get mad and I could easily roll with a phone like that. But the reason I preferred an exchange was because I didn't want to risk running into a hardware problem due to the fall and had to have gone back and explain the situation which would have sounded like BS.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
agreed!!! in my house we only use Samsung flat screens. I've bought them new and refurbished. I haven't seen any difference what-so-ever. Refurbished item can be better in the long run as they have already been fixed and what not.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Noooo I missed my case delivery today while I was at college! They came a day early and even though it's a no signature requires package and I live in a safe neighborhood the mail guy didn't leave it. Now I have to go another day without protection. I'll make sure to be home tomorrow.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a Best Buy employee drop my phone one time like 6 years ago, and scratch the hell out of it when the case flew off. I pitched a fit like all get out about it, and made them replace it. He had snatched it out of my hands to play with it because he hadn't "seen one in the wild yet", and I was livid. I am ridiculously overprotective anyway, but that just made me 10x worse.

That's hectic. I never let my nieces play with my phone. I'm way to anal about it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well yeah we don't want our pricy phones to get damaged and definitely don't want randoms snooping in our phone but I think that's to much.. It's a store rep.. It would be very unprofessional of them to go through customers phone without their concent

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Refurbished unit. Handled it like a warranty exchange saying it has "activation issues" because I didn't want the guy to get in trouble. The way he reacted to the phone being dropped was non-chalant. "Oh, it's fine. The glass didn't break. It's gorilla glass." I kindly showed him the new scuffs that were created on the bezel due to the fall and the small bottom strip of glass on the back had a alight crack. It was an accident on his part and I didn't get mad and I could easily roll with a phone like that. But the reason I preferred an exchange was because I didn't want to risk running into a hardware problem due to the fall and had to have gone back and explain the situation which would have sounded like BS.

Apple is usually good about that. He probably just didn't want to get in trouble which is why he said 'oh its fine'. After getting a 3 year old MacBook Pro replaced with a brand new one, I'm more than wiling to sing the praises of their customer service.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm the same too! I recently flew to Portugal and the boarding card/tickets are now in Passbook. There was no way I was handing my phone over to the airline /security staff to scan the ticket. Thankfully they just held up the scanner to everyone who had it on a phone to let you scan it yourself!! Phew!

Last edited:

Jeryl31

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't mine someone handling my phone too much but it's the way they give it back to me. I've had some place it on the table and slide it back or get very clumsy with it. Errrrks me so I try to just show people as much as I can when they are interested in it lol

Instagram: Jeryl31

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't mine someone handling my phone too much but it's the way they give it back to me. I've had some place it on the table and slide it back or get very clumsy with it. Errrrks me so I try to just show people as much as I can when they are interested in it lol

Instagram: Jeryl31

Woa someone sliding you your phone back? No way! If see flames and kill the guy lol. That would get me upset. That's why I don't let anyone use my phone. Only it's in a case or so. Never naked.