Am I missing something with family share?

I

iMore Question

I just set up family share on my iPhone 5s. up till now, I have had all my family share my apple id so no issues with sharing. My daughters phone was reset so I decided to see how family share works. I set up another apple id for her. I added her to family share account. She got the notification to accept and all was well. Now I can't see any purchases she has made and she cannot see any purchases I have made. Her name shows up on my phone (iTunes, App store, and any where else family share is) and my name shows up on her device. I go to App Store-Updates-Purchased. It shows "My Purchases" and "Sydney"(daughter). When I click on my purchases, it shows ever app that I have ever purchased from the app store. When I click on Sydney, NOTTA. I had downloaded a free app on Sydney's phone so there is one there. When i go to Syd's iPad, I do the same thing App Store-Purchased-family purchases, I see Sydney and Me. When I click Sydney, the app that was dl is there. When I click on me, NOTTA. It says "Mark has no purchases" and the same thing on Sydneys name in mine. I have chased this down and can't find a way to fix it. HELP..... I want to set up the rest of the family with family share but if its going to be this much of a pain, forget it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If you just set it up it may take up to 24 hours for everything to show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Just my 2 cents. Did you set yourself up as organizer? Someone else as guardian/parent? Set up kids account with birthdays? Set up ask to buy? Used correct Apple ID? My daughter changed her Apple I'd which caused problems. All using same credit card? We had problems with the last and simply putting in the correct card helped. May not work but these were problems we encountered and are now resolved. Family sharing works great now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73