Am I crazy?

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Am I missing something here or is the 2x zoom with ios 10 currently just doing 2x digital... all the photos I have taken with the 2x are 100% digital zoom and not optical and look terrible like digital zoom...... is true 2x optical only going to work with 10.1?

Thanks

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I am not qualified to call you crazy, but the 2x optical zoom DOES WORK with iOS 10.

In the pictures thread, there are a number of shots where the 1x and 2x zooms are indistinguishable.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
iOS switches between the two lenses depending on environmental conditions. As previously mentioned, you need good lighting. Also, the “telephoto” lens has a longer minimum focusing distance than the wide-angle lens (around 8 inches, I believe).

You can test this quickly by enabling 2x mode, then moving your camera closer and closer to your subject. As you cross the minimum focusing distance, you’ll see the picture jump slightly to the right (towards the wide-angle lens).

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
iOS switches between the two lenses depending on environmental conditions. As previously mentioned, you need good lighting. Also, the “telephoto” lens has a longer minimum focusing distance than the wide-angle lens (around 8 inches, I believe).

You can test this quickly by enabling 2x mode, then moving your camera closer and closer to your subject. As you cross the minimum focusing distance, you’ll see the picture jump slightly to the right (towards the wide-angle lens).

This is exactly what the issue was... thanks!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Am I missing something here or is the 2x zoom with ios 10 currently just doing 2x digital... all the photos I have taken with the 2x are 100% digital zoom and not optical and look terrible like digital zoom...... is true 2x optical only going to work with 10.1?

Thanks

Sooks? Blackberry Storm Trooper Sooks? Damn you just come out of your hole.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods