All I want to do is see my texts on my macbook pro... Why won't my bluetooth work?

Haley Kellam

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Im using the most current operating systems for both my iPhone 5 and my macbook pro. My friend was getting his texts to his mac and I want to do that, it seems so handy. But I can't make my bluetooth connect! Why is that? I'm not good with computers... Someone help!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Im using the most current operating systems for both my iPhone 5 and my macbook pro. My friend was getting his texts to his mac and I want to do that, it seems so handy. But I can't make my bluetooth connect! Why is that? I'm not good with computers... Someone help!!

To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Make sure both (all) devices are signed into the same iCloud account
2. Make sure both (all) devices are on the same WiFi network
3. Make sure both (all) devices have the iCloud account checked (active) in the Send & Receive setting
4. Go to Settings > Messages
5. Tap Text Message Forwarding
6. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
7. Each computer/tablet will get a popup with a 6 digit code
8. Enter that code on your iPhone to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet