Albums-how to hide pictures?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious is there a way to hide pictures from showing up in certain places. I know how to hide them, but it seems to only take them out of being on the collections/years area. I have stuff I'd like to save that people sent, but I don't need it's thumbnail showing up if it was the last pic I had saved in the camera roll or my photo stream.

Or is the key to just not let people look at your phone. I'm just all set having a picture I don't want someone to see get accessed if they were swiping thru photos.

I guess still not familiar with how the camera roll and my photo stream works. If you save a picture someone sent you where does it go?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't personally use apps to hide photos, but I also don't allow others to use "my" iPhone, with the exception of my youngest son in regard to playing certain games. Anyway, check out the search results via the following link

https://www.google.com/search?clien...e=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#rls=en&q=ios+app+hide+photos

Yeah more than likely wouldn't let someone handle it to use. But if I was going thru pictures to show someone. I would just rather no awkward situations if something did come up that I didn't want to be seen. And I also don't want the "oh what are you hiding"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You could upload photos to cloud based apps like Box, and stay logged out. Or use photo album apps like MyPhoto where you can create albums and passcode lock the albums. You can even hide albums so no one would know they're there. I've been using MyPhoto for years. Many nice features.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

iJedi

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Who is the developer for MyPhoto? I looked it up (since I've been looking for a good gallery management app for a while) and I found multiple apps from different developers with MyPhoto in the name. Any info would be appreciated, or maybe an app store link? Thanks :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Who is the developer for MyPhoto? I looked it up (since I've been looking for a good gallery management app for a while) and I found multiple apps from different developers with MyPhoto in the name. Any info would be appreciated, or maybe an app store link? Thanks :)

Tidy Inc. I've emailed them several times. They do reply and are helpful. I really like it. Search MyPhoto in the App Store. For some reason, TapaTalk won't let me post the link.? Go to Web View and the link works.
MyPhoto Pro - Smart Photo Manager by TIDY INC
https://appsto.re/us/9tUtw.i

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428259350.119779.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Last edited:

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I have never relied on iPhone, iCloud, iPhotos, or Photos to sort or organize my pics.

On my Mac, I have a folder for Photos with subfolders by year, or event, or descriptor (Friend's Pics, for example). Via iTunes, I let it sync with Phone and phone's Photos app then keeps these folders and their pics in order.
When I do take a pic on phone or save one from a friend, I then save it to Dropbox (I suppose I could do the same with iCloud...) and later, on my Mac, then edit and / or move it to the folder of my choice. Next sync, they are on phone in 'right' place.

The biggest advantage to this as far as I can see is that I am not scrolling through endless individual pics (as I see my friends do), with all of them open to, ahem....interpretation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh