Alarm clock with date setting ability

Whadaya Tinkin

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
It baffles me that people can't simply answer a question based on the parameters of the person asking just because they can't imagine the need or direction. I also need an alarm that I can set for every 2 weeks that is an actual alarm that will wake me from sleeping. For those that need the whole thing. I have an infusion every 2 weeks and need to wake up at 6 am. A reminder with a ding and a message on the screen isn't going to wake me out of sleep. Everyone has their "thing", but I can not simply wake up to a reminder that goes "ding". Yes, I could get creative and record a for horn or something and wake up my wife, and I might not even wake up with that. My parameters are: I need something that will repeat a sound of my choosing until I dismiss it. That's it. I've tried making a request to Apple. They won't change it unless they get a 1000 people making the same request in a relatively same time period. So, if any 3rd party devs are able to do it, that would be great unless the only way is to base it off of the Apple alarm... The reminder would be great if it would wake me up. Tried it... doesn't wake me up. Alarm works, just don't like having to turn it of and on all the time. I don't get up that early normally and it sucks having to turn off the alarm on those Mondays that I don't go. I have a sleeping problem and can't go to sleep without a sleeping pill and stay asleep, so getting woken up after 3 hors of sleep screws me for the rest of the day. Does that help to understand the need for an alarm or does a simple request work better?

Nathaniel Mishkin

Dec 14, 2019
Visit site
So it's over four years since the post I'm commenting on was made but I want to echo @ddsmak's appreciation to @Ledsteplin. I'd spent quite a bit of time looking for an alarm app that would let me schedule alarms for more than 24 hours in the future. "Alarmed" seems like just what I want!

rbolinski

Jan 1, 2021
Visit site
By the time I realized I had a reminder, I already missed my appointment. So I need something to keep on ringing.
Anyway, I'm not going to go into details to justify my needs/wants from an app to you.
Obviously, there isn't such an app in the Apple App Store. Yet! Crossing my fingers.

I Agree with above But will go into details. I don't want to wake up at the same time every day & on days off that I have have no apointments I like to sleep in without resetting my clock every 7 days. My time off work is scheduled by my companies 2 weeks+. If I'm going on vacation I do not want alarms going off that I have to reset after my vacations. I also have some days with multiple medical appointments, sometimes with a rest in between due to health issues. A reminder beep will not wake me up. I also have days where I set alarms to wake me for custom medications. Also a quick beep if I'm doing something does not help. Sadly every Android OS will let me set multiple daily alarms. With the new health feature of iOS watch mixed with the phone being better i chose to buy an iPhone un aware it does not have a real alarm clock program that is modifiable more than by the day of the week 7 days out. will be sad to return $1800.00 worth of phone & watch because of comments like just use reminder. ONE BEEP CANNOT WAKE A LOT OF US UP. Read what they are all saying they need and quit rewriting the same use reminder. If you guys cannot do that then just buy a cheap Android phone and try > Clock > Alarm > add alarm and see what it does. Sad that apple cannot do this decades old thing in clock app. See picsimage3.jpeg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is a rather old thread, but here is something that may help. What we do is to set multiple alarms, usually in increments of 15 minutes. We also edit the sounds and choose a longer tone that rings louder. Our experience is that the continue to ring until we tap the stop button.

rbolinski

Jan 1, 2021
Visit site
Not an old thread though when I just bought a new iPhone and was quit surprised a standard feature is unavalable for those of us with head injuries.

LOV3FIR3

Mar 16, 2022
Visit site
So there are only two apps that im aware of on the App Store. One is called [redacted], and the other is called [redacted]. though the down side to these apps are the have a very unpleasant interface, its functional, just doesn't look pretty at all.

Though as I found on over 20+ forums with the same subject, ppl just want the simple Apple clock app to be able to set alarms to a future date, its a simple clean interface and its not complicated to use. What makes that apple alarm app so unique is that it used a iOS feature called “Critical Alerts” which is why alarms can go off with sound regardless if you have your phone silenced.

So if we all want to have an clock app like this we all need to just put in the small effort an tell apple its time to step up and give us an better clock app that supports setting alarms to future dates and utilizing critical alerts. You have the power to make that difference, only you can make that choice. (tcook@apple.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods