AirTags

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I’m just wondering about very hot or very cold temperatures damaging the AirTags, if it’s always in the car?

got berry

May 28, 2012
Visit site
If they know that they are there, then it wouldn't be an issue.

My wife and daughter would know that they are there, I am wondering about their phone notifying them constantly about an unknown device. Maybe there is a way for all of our devices to recognize it as a known device.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
One year later (or almost), how far along is your AirTag battery “life”?

Mine are all at about 75% charge remaining, so much more than the announced 1 year.

Wildside

Dec 29, 2020
Visit site
I'm trying to understand something about tracking notifications and AirTags/AirPods, etc.

Recently, my wife left her AirPods in my truck and I received a notice that the owner could see my location. No issue, that's working as intended.

Why don't I see that when she's in the truck with me (with her AirPods)? Or when we are in the golf cart and her bag has an AirTag on it?

I think it's because her phone is near the device so it's registering that the device owner is nearby. But I don't get that notice when she's not home but I'm loading/unloading golf clubs in the truck.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want more notifications when she's near. But I'm trying to understand the tracking notifications.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to understand something about tracking notifications and AirTags/AirPods, etc.

Recently, my wife left her AirPods in my truck and I received a notice that the owner could see my location. No issue, that's working as intended.

Why don't I see that when she's in the truck with me (with her AirPods)? Or when we are in the golf cart and her bag has an AirTag on it?

I think it's because her phone is near the device so it's registering that the device owner is nearby. But I don't get that notice when she's not home but I'm loading/unloading golf clubs in the truck.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want more notifications when she's near. But I'm trying to understand the tracking notifications.

Your iPhone knows your home, AirTags won’t trigger an alert if it’s at home.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
One year later (or almost), how far along is your AirTag battery “life”?

Mine are all at about 75% charge remaining, so much more than the announced 1 year.

I received my first battery low notification today. And it cleared itself about 30 minutes later.

Just in case, I bought a couple of CR2032 batteries

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I’ve got the same result as Ed7789. 70%after about a year.
I got my first NFC AirTag alert banners yesterday. In a grocery store I rarely go to. Me and another AirTag user must have been on the same shopping aisle to aisle movements.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your new batteries don't have a bitter coating on them. Apparently, they don't work with the AirTags.

There's no mention of any form of coating on the packaging :)
I know Duracell batteries will not work with the AirTags, because of the coating they use, so I took another brand completely :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
There's no mention of any form of coating on the packaging :)
I know Duracell batteries will not work with the AirTags, because of the coating they use, so I took another brand completely :)

Awesome! When I bought mine on amazon, I too saw that Duracell wouldn't work and got another brand as well! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73