AirPods pro sw issues and ANC

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi

A week ago I bought AirPods pro , I’m running 2b588 sw I think. Haven’t got 2C5XX yet as it’s seem to be redrawn. Read a lot of thing on forums about this sw and that it effects ANC and also that my sw effecting ANC. Didn’t have AirPods before 2B588 and don’t know how they performed then.

There is a lot of discussion that ANC performe less after 2C5XX. I think my AirPods pro works great on 2B588 but people are saying it worked better before.

Is anyone here experience any issue ?

I think mine works great and also ANC but I don’t have any experience on how they workers at release day

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The first two Airpods Pro updates was great including 2B588, however the latest update of 2C54 has interfered with the performance of ANC on some Airpods Pro according to some consumers. I personally have not noticed this, but it seems that some who are around airplane and train noises have experienced the ANC not quite the same as before the last update(s).

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok, maby it doesn’t effect everyone then. I use mine while driving and think ANC work really good right now and I would be disappointed if ANC worked less good after and upgrade .

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My point here on firmware is ANC has been plenty fine for me all along but I'm hoping a new release soon might address other quirks.

My repeat issues are the physical buttons and phone software buttons will stop changing the mode, and there have been numerous times when one pod is 0% charge while the other is 100% charge.

For these issues Apple support has had me do a forget and again set up the AirPods. That helped but did not eliminate the non-responsive buttons. It did nothing to the charge issue.

They did say if my problems persist I can open up another case referencing the original to get them exchanged. It would be nice if a firmware update would solve the issues I'm getting.

Maybe this should be in the AirPods forum instead of phone forum? We have 11, 11 Pro, XS, and XS Max in the family in addition to the AirPod ownership. Nothing any of us has experienced seems to be tied to the phones themselves.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Maybe this should be in the AirPods forum instead of phone forum? We have 11, 11 Pro, XS, and XS Max in the family in addition to the AirPod ownership. Nothing any of us has experienced seems to be tied to the phones themselves.

Agreed! I'm moving it to the AirPods Pro forum.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My point here on firmware is ANC has been plenty fine for me all along but I'm hoping a new release soon might address other quirks.

My repeat issues are the physical buttons and phone software buttons will stop changing the mode, and there have been numerous times when one pod is 0% charge while the other is 100% charge.

For these issues Apple support has had me do a forget and again set up the AirPods. That helped but did not eliminate the non-responsive buttons. It did nothing to the charge issue.

They did say if my problems persist I can open up another case referencing the original to get them exchanged. It would be nice if a firmware update would solve the issues I'm getting.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Airpods Pro. Mine have been nothing short of stellar so far, with that said I think if it was me I would have been first in line at the Apple Store when the update didn't correct any/all of my issues getting a new/replacement pair. When anything is massed produced there's bound to be issues with some products. I'm surprised Apple support didn't just send you a new set. Good Luck and I hope you get things ironed out.

This next suggestion might sound strange, but here goes. This worked for a friend of mine and fixed these similar issues that you are experiencing. She used a regular lighting cable to charge for about 30/45 minutes and not the one that comes with the Airpods Pro and it fixed these issues. She started back using the one that comes (USBC) with the Airpods Pro and everything works fine.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have two pars of the AirPods Pro and they are both great. One on the new firmware and one on the old. You can tell very slightly that ANC is better on the old firmware

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2