AirPods Pro 2 latency is much better but will still disappoint, here's why

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This does not affect the typical user doing Zoom calls or listening to audio, etcetera.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This does not affect the typical user doing Zoom calls or listening to audio, etcetera.

Agreed. Never had anyone explain why latency affects music listening. Maybe it does but I don't see the reasoning. Audio is drivers, computational ability and Tx bandwidth, that is what makes quality music go. And my experience with AirPods Pro gen 1? Teams and FaceTime latency was imperceptible.

One thing latency may effect is AR/VR. AR/VR may also need good spatial audio, low heat generating computational power, and extreme OS->hardware optimization. Just sayin..:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Never had anyone explain why latency affects music listening. Maybe it does but I don't see the reasoning. Audio is drivers, computational ability and Tx bandwidth, that is what makes quality music go. And my experience with AirPods Pro gen 1? Teams and FaceTime latency was imperceptible.

One thing latency may effect is AR/VR. AR/VR may also need good spatial audio, low heat generating computational power, and extreme OS->hardware optimization. Just sayin..:)

If you're a musician using headphones during a session, and there's latency, then you'll be out of time with the other instruments and vocals.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
If you're a musician using headphones during a session, and there's latency, then you'll be out of time with the other instruments and vocals.

Fair point, I can see the difference for the,.
For people using TWEBS, even audiophiles, with a music streaming service or even downloaded songs? I don’t see where latency will have any effect on music audio quality.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, but more than likely they would not be using AirPods/AirPods Pro earbuds.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox