• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Airpods Charging Case

RhinoZA

May 21, 2020
Visit site
We accidentally washed our one pair of AirPods along with the gym stuff. The case doesn’t charge anymore. Is there a way to fix the case? Can I replace it with a generic case? Airpods still work when we charge in our other case.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As long as the “generic case” is built for use with the AirPods, then you should be okay.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
We accidentally washed our one pair of AirPods along with the gym stuff. The case doesn’t charge anymore. Is there a way to fix the case? Can I replace it with a generic case? Airpods still work when we charge in our other case.

I would not take a chance with mixing the Apple AirPods with a generic case, but that's just me. Apple does sell the AirPods (L&R) and case separately. I would give them a call for prices.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My buddy did that and he told me that he left it in the sun drying. The issue he was having is that the R pod wouldn’t work and the charge light wouldn’t turn on on the case. He said after about 4-5 days of leaving it out in the sun helped dry them out. He said they’re working now but that the R pod “isn’t as loud as the L one”. But the case did start charging again

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman