AirPods and Driving Noise

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I intend on purchasing a set of AirPods for hands-free conversation while driving. I was wondering about people's experiences with that, i.e. do the people at the other end of the conversation hear a lot of road noise, is a lot of road noise heard when using them...I realize that there's going to be a lot of variation from one situation to another, but I'd still like to get some input from others who have used them in their vehicles for hands-free. Thanks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have used mine in public transportation, like buses and trains and have had no complaints so far.

I hope someone with experience while driving replies soon to give you information how they hold up in traffic.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I have used mine in public transportation, like buses and trains and have had no complaints so far.

I hope someone with experience while driving replies soon to give you information how they hold up in traffic.

That helps, though. Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I intend on purchasing a set of AirPods for hands-free conversation while driving. I was wondering about people's experiences with that, i.e. do the people at the other end of the conversation hear a lot of road noise, is a lot of road noise heard when using them...I realize that there's going to be a lot of variation from one situation to another, but I'd still like to get some input from others who have used them in their vehicles for hands-free. Thanks.

I can’t speak for others, but in my experience, I’ve yet to hear a person I was talking to, via my AirPods, complain about road noise, and I rarely have both pods in my ear at the same time.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
They have a sort of background noise cancellation, so I expect that the road noise would be reduced. I use the AirPods and only the AirPods, and I haven’t had any complaints, so I hope you’re happy with them too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal