AirPod Woes

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Omg! I think my AirPods are starting to go out again. This, being my 3rd pair in a week or two .... everything has been super since they replaced my last pair and today I paired them with my phone and heard a crazy buzzing sound in the left ear bud. It ended after a second or two and started acting normally. Then tonight, it happened again! Not sure what the deal is but I’m starting to lose confidence in this product.

Noooooooo not again :crying: I swear there's an AirPod ghost that's following you around. What can I say because sorry doesn't cut it for all the multitude of issues you've dealt with. Sigh :cant-watch:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Noooooooo not again :crying: I swear there's an AirPod ghost that's following you around. What can I say because sorry doesn't cut it for all the multitude of issues you've dealt with. Sigh :cant-watch:

I know right. And this issue has nothing to do with the others that I’ve had. I am using them with the iPhone X now .... but other than that, all else has remained the same.

Last night I tried to take a call on then and try as I might, could not get the audio to come out of the AirPods. I had to reset the buds and re-pair them 2x to get them working. And that strange vibrating noise in the left bud is super weird. When it happens you swear that the bud is going to go bad .... and then everything is ok again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Omg! I think my AirPods are starting to go out again. This, being my 3rd pair in a week or two .... everything has been super since they replaced my last pair and today I paired them with my phone and heard a crazy buzzing sound in the left ear bud. It ended after a second or two and started acting normally. Then tonight, it happened again! Not sure what the deal is but I’m starting to lose confidence in this product.

That’s crazy. There has got to be something else going on that’s causing the problem like Bluetooth interference or something. 3 new pairs of AirPods experiencing the issues and you appear to be the only person it’s affecting in this manner is definitely suspicious to ‘me’. Don’t misunderstand me, Cat. I’m not saying ‘you’ are doing something nefarious. I’m saying that my guess is interference of some sort.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
That’s crazy. There has got to be something else going on that’s causing the problem like Bluetooth interference or something. 3 new pairs of AirPods experiencing the issues and you appear to be the only person it’s affecting in this manner is definitely suspicious to ‘me’. Don’t misunderstand me, Cat. I’m not saying ‘you’ are doing something nefarious. I’m saying that my guess is interference of some sort.

Totally agree. I don’t know if it’s bt interference bc it’s happening in multiple places .... work and home.

This morning my AirPods wouldn’t connect at all to my iPad so I decided to reset them (again). I pressed the button and could not get it to reset to the blinking orange light. In fact, the light didn’t blink at all. I got fed up and scheduled yet another appt with Apple. After awhile I tried again and this time it reset and I was able to pair but then the iPad didn’t show the AirPods in the music tile in control center. Grrrrr. I am so irritated.

Looking on the bright side .... I will get to go back to the Apple store and pick up the water bottle I left there last tile I was there.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I had mine for just about a weekend. Picked up Friday night, wore Saturday, returned Sunday. They kept falling out and hurt my ears. Got beatsX and haven’t had any problems. Good luck.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had mine for just about a weekend. Picked up Friday night, wore Saturday, returned Sunday. They kept falling out and hurt my ears. Got beatsX and haven’t had any problems. Good luck.

Mine never fall out. I’ve just had all sorts of technical issues with them. Glad the beatsx work for you.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

This is the more common problem. While AirPods fit most people, there are plenty of people who they don't fit properly. There just aren't a lot of stories of hardware failure with the AirPods, which is what makes this thread somewhat unique -- particularly how many pairs he's gone through.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This is the more common problem. While AirPods fit most people, there are plenty of people who they don't fit properly. There just aren't a lot of stories of hardware failure with the AirPods, which is what makes this thread somewhat unique -- particularly how many pairs he's gone through.

I am wondering if the Apple store I go to got a bad batch or something. I can’t think of why else this is happening to so many pairs. I am not at all rough with it and they’re only a few days old. Really annoying.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if the Apple store I go to got a bad batch or something. I can’t think of why else this is happening to so many pairs. I am not at all rough with it and they’re only a few days old. Really annoying.

Are you getting a new pair each time they replace them for you, or do they have some refurbished AirPods they use as replacements? If they are new, it seems very likely they got a shipment where the batch may have issues.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you getting a new pair each time they replace them for you, or do they have some refurbished AirPods they use as replacements? If they are new, it seems very likely they got a shipment where the batch may have issues.

Brand new pair every time. I go again tonight. If they replace again, it’ll be my 4th. SMH.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If there is another Apple Store near you, perhaps you should try another store.

There is. Since I’ve already got an appt at the one closer to me, I will keep that ... but yes, I’ve got the other one in mind. I mean, I love the apple store, but I’m kinda tired of going there once or twice a week.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
May have found a solution for this. Not sure if this has already been said. I’ve been having fairly consistent problems since iOS 11 where double taps aren’t being recognized or a double tap defaults to playing music on my Apple Watch. Apple support told me to turn off automatic ear detection. Now the AirPods default to my phone and double taps work every time after a few hours of testing. Hopefully it will stay that way, and sound like the only downside is they won’t automatically switch to different devices on my iCloud profile.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
May have found a solution for this. Not sure if this has already been said. I’ve been having fairly consistent problems since iOS 11 where double taps aren’t being recognized or a double tap defaults to playing music on my Apple Watch. Apple support told me to turn off automatic ear detection. Now the AirPods default to my phone and double taps work every time after a few hours of testing. Hopefully it will stay that way, and sound like the only downside is they won’t automatically switch to different devices on my iCloud profile.

Great, and thank you for the update...

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Hmm really? I wonder how that resolves the issue.

Also, do you have Siri enabled from lock screen on your phone or disabled?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
4d97761b643e1d6444dafdd966b75c66.jpg

The latest weirdness with my AirPods. You can’t make this stuff up! This is what my iPhone told me the charge was on my AirPods a few days ago after the AirPods had been sitting in the case overnight.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm really? I wonder how that resolves the issue.

Also, do you have Siri enabled from lock screen on your phone or disabled?

From what they told me, this basically locks the AirPods to working with the iPhone and not looking for my other iCloud devices.
And yes I have Siri on lock screen. Still been having these problems ever since the jump to iOS 11. This seems to be working but we’ll see

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
From what they told me, this basically locks the AirPods to working with the iPhone and not looking for my other iCloud devices.
And yes I have Siri on lock screen. Still been having these problems ever since the jump to iOS 11. This seems to be working but we’ll see

I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip. I haven’t had that issue so far. I think my issues with hardware related. Who knows tho. My AirPods seem to have a mind of their own.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen