AirPod Woes

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
From what they told me, this basically locks the AirPods to working with the iPhone and not looking for my other iCloud devices.
And yes I have Siri on lock screen. Still been having these problems ever since the jump to iOS 11. This seems to be working but we’ll see

After 2 days haven’t had one issue with the airpods. Siri invokes on double tap every time and they’ve been pretty flawless (knock on wood). Changing that setting really seems to have worked.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Update after over a week. Since changing that automatic ear detection setting I haven’t had one problem with the AirPods. Double tap works every time and they always connect.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I really hope they come out with a firmware update soon to fix this. I turned ear detection back on yesterday and within an hour Siri wasn’t responding to double taps. Turned it back off and no more problems.
Only downside is I have to manually stop/start music as taking an airpod out doesn’t do anything.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I really hope they come out with a firmware update soon to fix this. I turned ear detection back on yesterday and within an hour Siri wasn’t responding to double taps. Turned it back off and no more problems.
Only downside is I have to manually stop/start music as taking an airpod out doesn’t do anything.

Did you enable Siri from lock screen. I had to do that for double taps to work consistently for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice