Airplay dropping out

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem with Airplay just dropping out? Using either my iphone (5s, 7.0.4) or my ipad (4, 7.0.4) when airplaying to my appletv the stream will just drop out. This has happened with Plex and Airvideo. It seems like after a while the phone drops the app from active memory, just like it would do to any backgrounding app when it needs to. If I keep the phone awake by tapping the screen every couple minutes this doesnt seem to happen, only when the phone is locked and screen is off. I dont think I noticed this until I upgraded to 7.0.4, although it could have happened on .3, I dont airplay a whole lot.

This happen to anyone else? There a fix?

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips, but nothing has changed with my setup from before it was working well. I use an airport express which is up to date and 10 feet away from the appletv. There is nothing near by that could cause interference, and my wifi is strong. I really think its an issue with ios dropping the app from background memory when idol. I thought it was just Plex, until it happened with Airvideo too. Maybe its just a bug that will be fixed with 7.1

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips, but nothing has changed with my setup from before it was working well. I use an airport express which is up to date and 10 feet away from the appletv. There is nothing near by that could cause interference, and my wifi is strong. I really think its an issue with ios dropping the app from background memory when idol. I thought it was just Plex, until it happened with Airvideo too. Maybe its just a bug that will be fixed with 7.1
One more question, don't have apple TV put have seen there has been some updates lately. Is it up to date.

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It is. Thanks for trying. I am hoping its not just me, although the variables seem too varied for it to be isolated to me. It works fine if I remember to set the screen to never lock before airplaying. That is a huge battery suck though.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry outside of rebooting devices, that's all I have for now, but there's a lot of members here. Somebody might have something new to add.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try switching to the 5ghz band or the 2.4 whatever the opposite is on the one you are using .. On both the Apple TV and on your ipad

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing a similar issue when trying to airplay videos from my ipad3 which I am streaming from my desktop via air video.

What happens is that the movie airplays okay when air video is running. If I then minimise the app and open another app (like safari), the airplay stops.

I suspect this is due to insufficient ram (since this never happened in IOS 6). My theory is that IOS7 requires more resources to run. For now, the only solution seems to be that the IOS device needs to be left on while air playing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal