Airplane Mode On & Off Frequently

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello, i've noticed that every once in awhile my iPhone 4 will be real laggy or will show it is connected to 3G or at least has a strong signal but apps such as FB, Twitter, Safari, etc... just run real slow or act like they aren't getting a connection.
So I have learned to just turn Airplane Mode on then off and then when it connects the signal is fine & strong and everything runs smoothly. This is fine and all but I am just wondering if anyone else has to do this and if it means anything is wrong with my iPhone 4?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Something is not right but it sounds more like a carrier issue than hardware issue. First thing I would do is call my carrier and ask if there are any issues with local towers. If not then I'd perform a factory reset to new iPhone. Don't use a backup. If the problem still persists it may be a hardware issue then.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like he is doing a quick reset almost....without doing a hard reset or turning the device off and waiting for it to boot back up. I myself have run into this issue with my verizon iPhone and even powering and doing a hard reset will not bring back the 3g icon.. the only way i fixed it was by doing the *228 option.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sounds like he is doing a quick reset almost....without doing a hard reset or turning the device off and waiting for it to boot back up. I myself have run into this issue with my verizon iPhone and even powering and doing a hard reset will not bring back the 3g icon.. the only way i fixed it was by doing the *228 option.

It doesn't stay in airplane mode. I think the OP is stating that it says he has a 3G signal but nothing is happening and the only way to solve the issue is turning airplane mode on and then off again or rebooting the phone.

I'm still guessing there is an issue with a local tower, if not it's a hardware issue.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I get this issue on my 4S using 5.1 beta 3. It started in Beta 2 and I think it's just baseband instabilities. As for your particular issue, call AT&T and check with them first. Then do as Sikora mentioned.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't stay in airplane mode. I think the OP is stating that it says he has a 3G signal but nothing is happening and the only way to solve the issue is turning airplane mode on and then off again or rebooting the phone.

I'm still guessing there is an issue with a local tower, if not it's a hardware issue.

Yea, this is exactly what's happening, it really isn't a horrible thing and it does the trick everytime I just don't think I should have to do that.
I'm planning on calling them today

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2