AirDrop will be limited to just 10 minutes in some cases with iOS 16.2 installed

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I typically leave AirDrop turned off until I actually need it which is seldom.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I do too, but I just noticed that mine is on... set to contacts only, thankfully! LOL! So for those of us who apparently turn it off, this change is a good thing!

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I typically leave AirDrop turned off until I actually need it which is seldom.

Me too Just-Me_D. I’ve used it less than 10 times over its life. It’s useful but very occasionally. Regardless hard to see why one would have it set to be open to the world. It’s open to those in my contacts. In the unlikely event I’d use it with someone not in my contacts? Doh! Just add them to my contacts:)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have used AirDrop multiple times, as late as last night. But it's always been between my devices, never with someone else ??????

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Me too Just-Me_D. I’ve used it less than 10 times over its life. It’s useful but very occasionally. Regardless hard to see why one would have it set to be open to the world. It’s open to those in my contacts. In the unlikely event I’d use it with someone not in my contacts? Doh! Just add them to my contacts:)

You’re right. It doesn’t make sense to allow AirDrop set to receive images and files from everyone. That’s a risk, in my opinion.

I’ll AirDrop photos to my gf on occasion, and that’s about it.

I use it all the time at work, but that’s while using a work-issued iPhone and a work issued MBP for work purposes.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro