AirDrop issues on recent Southwest Airlines Flight

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's amazing what you can learn by listening to the radio on the way to work. This morning, I heard a news report on the way into work this morning about cyber flashing on a recent Southwest Airlines flight. Apparently, someone on a flight used AirDrop to send nude pictures to fellow passengers. The plane was still on the ground and the pilot threatened to turn back to the gate if it continued.

There was a similar incident back in June, where the flight attendants arranged for law enforcement to meet the plane when it landed at its destination. Cyber Flashing is illegal in at least two states here in the US, and is also illegal in other countries around the globe.

I have my AirDrop settings set to "contacts only", so had I been on that flight, I would have not received the photos.

Source Link

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Agreed! It’s a good reminder to ceck your AirDrop settings when you’re going to be in highly public places!’

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
While attempting to use AirDrop on a recent Southwest Airlines flight, I was unable to connect with any other Apple devices in the area. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

LOL! Maybe the other passengers on your flight were smart, and had theirs set to Contacts only. Or maybe the plane was full of people going to an Android convention.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73