Aggravated with NO ship date!!

PurseCrayons6

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I understand that the iPhone 5s is sold out & I have an order placed with Apple.com! Why would Apple not push back iPhone 5s being released through other carriers & authorized dealers until they have filled ALL the orders that have been placed!! If supply is that short, why do that? I know I will be extremely happy once I FINALLY get my phone! I have been reading how people who ordered before & after I did have already received the phones! I guess I just needed to vent my jealousy & see if anyone else feels like I do! I'm temped by the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, but I beyond HATE all android's bloat ware!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I understand that the iPhone 5s is sold out & I have an order placed with Apple.com! Why would Apple not push back iPhone 5s being released through other carriers & authorized dealers until they have filled ALL the orders that have been placed!! If supply is that short, why do that? I know I will be extremely happy once I FINALLY get my phone! I have been reading how people who ordered before & after I did have already received the phones!

I feel the same way!!!! Try fulfilling the current orders before being greedy and taking more orders!!!!!!!!!!

Who gets their phone first is more than just who ordered it first. There are many factors - who is your carrier? what color iPhone did you order? what storage capacity did you order?

If you ordered a 64gb VZW gold iphone, and it’s not available, why should my 16gb ATT space gray phone be delayed simply because you ordered first? If the device that you ordered is in stock and mine is not, why would you expect them to delay your delivery simply because I ordered mine before you ordered yours?

As for "being greedy and taking more orders", how is continuing to take orders for a backordered device being greedy? It’s business.

The gold phones are in extremely short supply, and about all you can do is be patient. It will come.

rlboard

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As stated before: I feel the same way!!!! Try fulfilling the current orders before being greedy and taking more orders!!!!!!!!!!

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
As stated before: I feel the same way!!!! Try fulfilling the current orders before being greedy and taking more orders!!!!!!!!!!

....and then you would be complaining that Apple wouldn't take your order, I can bet on it.

It's ordered, chill out. You will get one.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The waiting game always sucks...my friend was having a panic attack (not literally, but almost) because he couldn't get a gold one on release day...I just told him from now on, pretend the iPhone comes out a month after the date they say...and ignore all the articles until then." Easier said than done, but he's found peace in not worrying about it now. If Apple continues the lack of pre-sale on their flagship phones from here on out, it might be the best approach for sanities sake!

rlboard

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Very much chilled. I can state MY opinion without you telling me to chill out. You chill out and move on to another post.

Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

They're adding orders to the bottom of the list while filling orders from the top of the list... it's possible to do...

PurseCrayons6

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I apologize for sounding entitled or spoiled! I just thought I would be able to just vent a bit to people who understood what I felt about waiting! I love my life everything happens for a reason, good or bad! I can't wait it won't kill me! I started this thread to have a place to release some jealous & issues I had on waiting! In no way shape or form did I mean to come off sounding like an entitled spoiled brat! My order is in & will get to me when it's time!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Very much chilled. I can state MY opinion without you telling me to chill out. You chill out and move on to another post.

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I don't think Gib meant anything by that. I read it as more of a reassurance than an attack. But again, I could be wrong.

I'm sure I am not one to talk....I have overreacted in this forum before! Back when I assumed everyone was attacking me, but really they weren't (ask kch). The typed word is very hard to interpret sometimes; the actual mood, feeling, etc., aren't always perceived the same way by the reader.

That being said...I hope you get your device sooner rather than later!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I apologize for sounding entitled or spoiled! I just thought I would be able to just vent a bit to people who understood what I felt about waiting! I love my life everything happens for a reason, good or bad! I can't wait it won't kill me! I started this thread to have a place to release some jealous & issues I had on waiting! In no way shape or form did I mean to come off sounding like an entitled spoiled brat! My order is in & will get to me when it's time!

You are certainly free to vent... and I didn’t take your post that way, and didn’t mean to minimize your situation or try to take away from your excitement ... there are some who... aw, well, nevermind. :)

Have a great day ...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I took it as you just venting and having fun with it....not as you being eititled or spoiled at all. In the second post, you even joked about it and said it will be worth the wait!

I feel the same way...I am impatiently waiting for a 5s to arrive and jealous of everyone who has received theirs, and its not even for me!! Its for my gf!!! Haha! We all know how you feel. As Tom Petty said "the waiting is the hardest part"!

You're good...it wasn't your post that may have rubbed people the wrong way!

jf1450

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm wierd, if I go to a store like Costco to buy something I'll look at the serial numbers on the box and get the highest one I can find. Ya never know, maybe a firmware tweak here, a higher revision number chip there... Hey, the latest and greatest. Be patient, your phone will be *better* than everybody else's cuz it has the latest tweaks. It's worth the wait. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Ya it's a hard wait .... I really wish they would at least give me a better estimate .... just "October" is hard to deal with ... give me a two week interval or something.

maj71303

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Apple can't sell a phone to a person like me because I don't blindly wait and follow anything. When I go to buy a phone I pay the full of contract price and I want it in my hand the moment I buy it. When I arrive at the store I will be leaving with a phone because that is what I want, I don't come back later when it's in stock. If it's not in stock that is their loss as that helps whittles down my choices . I don't line up and camp out for anything as I have more self respect than that. The people that line up and camp out don't understand that they lose all self respect and yield control of their lives to a corp for a material item. If the phone is not in stock when I arrive at the store thats one less sell as I'm not ordering and waiting for it to arrive. I don't see how people do it especially now that all these phones are pretty much at the same level now except for the niche features they add to differentiate themselves by just a hair.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting aggravated Also. I got especially aggravated when I found out virgin mobile would be selling the iPhone soon. I can't get my hands on a sprint version but they have enough phones to add another carrier in the mix. That means that there are thousands of (sprint capable) iPhones sitting in a warehouse right now even though Sprint keeps telling me they're "sold out".

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Apple can't sell a phone to a person like me because I don't blindly wait and follow anything. When I go to buy a phone I pay the full of contract price and I want it in my hand the moment I buy it. When I arrive at the store I will be leaving with a phone because that is what I want, I don't come back later when it's in stock. If it's not in stock that is their loss as that helps whittles down my choices . I don't line up and camp out for anything as I have more self respect than that. The people that line up and camp out don't understand that they lose all self respect and yield control of their lives to a corp for a material item. If the phone is not in stock when I arrive at the store thats one less sell as I'm not ordering and waiting for it to arrive. I don't see how people do it especially now that all these phones are pretty much at the same level now except for the niche features they add to differentiate themselves by just a hair.

That's your choice. I don't line up for any type of product, but I don't think that people who do lose their self-respect -- I also don't think you can speak for all people who line-up for things. As for sticking with apple despite not having my phone yet .... well I stick with a company until they no longer meet my needs. I loved blackberry at one point, then I switched to iPhone when blackberry stopped working for me personally. If Apple fails to meet my needs, I will switch to another company. Not getting my phone right away does not fall into the "not meeting my needs" category. I still have a perfectly good phone so I can wait. If that is a deciding factor for you, then fine, but don't expect everyone to follow whatever you're doing. Everyone should do whatever is right for them.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR