After updating iPhone 4s to iOS 7.1 'Restore Backup(s)' don't work properly?

anon(8693334)

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I used iTunes (latest version 11.1.5) to perform update for the iPhone 4s: The update apparently went through but, iPhone immediately went into an 'Apple Logo' loop & showed up in iTunes intermittently every time it restarted & remained this way most of the day; iTunes also kept asking me to let my iPhone 'Trust' my Mac; Oh & 'Turn Off Find My Phone' (but iPhone would not go to home screen to do this???); these were my only error messages. So I shut the MacBook Pro & iPhone down, restarted the Mac & then pressed 'Home Button' & 'On Button' on iPhone & was able to 'Restore' to factory settings. I then tried to 'Restore Backup' from the list. Only (2) Backups seem to work (but they aren't the latest info) & some of the newer Backups leave me with all apps grayed out (except factory installed). I have over 1,180 apps (between my iPhone & iPad2). iCloud won't back up...says it's never been backed up (in iTunes). I've always performed my backup(s) to both just in case, but since factory reset, when I look on the iPhone most storage is used.

I updated my iPad2 w/o problems but I didn't do it through iTunes (as I did the iPhone 4s). I did it straight from the device.

Should I delete update(s) that just aren't working? Where are they located? Aren't they somewhere in Library? Or can I just delete them in iTunes?

Any advice on how to get my iPhone up & running properly are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

anon(8693334)

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Everything is as it should be in iTunes but won't transfer over?! Now it's looping through Apple logo again & won't go any further???

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox