After Now Buying The 5C - Are You Satisfied With The Build And Working Of It?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you bought your 5C and knowing that it was built completely different in terms of materials compared to the 5S and what the 5C has or does not have again compared to the 5S, Are you completely satisfied with it or regret your purchase?

fluppyboy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had a 5C since the Monday after release, and have been nothing but happy with it! I actually chose the 5C over the 5S (liked the way it felt in my hand better), and have never regretted my decision.

I could have bought a 5S - they had stock of the silver and white in the size that I wanted (32 GB), but the 5C was my choice. It just felt better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with fluopyboy. I knew I was going to be upgrading at some point after the 5C & 5S released. My first thought was I figured I probably would've went for the 5S, but after actually being in a store to examine both devices I really liked the way the 5C felt overall and the fact that bold colors were available was an added plus for me. Even if the 5C only came in white and black, I still would've gotten it over the 5S, and I wasn't overly worried about having the most latest tech features that the 5S has over the 5C. (ie. the A7 chip opposed to the A6, fingerprint scanner, etc) Coming from a 4S, I'm really enjoying having the 5C, especially just that extra bit of a larger screen but still able to handle it one handed works for me !!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with fluopyboy. I knew I was going to be upgrading at some point after the 5C & 5S released. My first thought was I figured I probably would've went for the 5S, but after actually being in a store to examine both devices I really liked the way the 5C felt overall and the fact that bold colors were available was an added plus for me. Even if the 5C only came in white and black, I still would've gotten it over the 5S, and I wasn't overly worried about having the most latest tech features that the 5S has over the 5C. (ie. the A7 chip opposed to the A6, fingerprint scanner, etc) Coming from a 4S, I'm really enjoying having the 5C, especially just that extra bit of a larger screen but still able to handle it one handed works for me !!

Congrats Pink!! Glad you're enjoying your new 5C! :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the answer Pink and congrats on your new phone. I am happy for you!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the 5C and love it. No regrets. I have always liked the look and feel if the 3G so this makes sense for me. As above I picked this over the 5S. I really just like the feel if it in my hand.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like it but I'm reminded of my old polycarbonate MacBook in a bad way: hairline scratches started showing up way too quickly. I got a really long one not two weeks in.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I really like it but I'm reminded of my old polycarbonate MacBook in a bad way: hairline scratches started showing up way too quickly. I got a really long one not two weeks in.

This is something I didn't even think about regarding the 5c. I know the polycarbonate on the MacBook could also crack. I hope that isn't a problem with the iPhone.

anon7833325

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
As for the polycarbonate cracking, I've had it slip out of my hands twice and fall flat on its back on the bathroom floor with no case and it made it out damage free. It seems easy to pick up hairline scratches but still durable oddly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Completely satisfied with mine. I keep it in the Apple Swiss cheese case, and it spends most of its time in a suit jacket breast pocket, and I have no cracks or anything.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 5c and I'm completely satisfied with it. I love the feel in hand the size and quality of the phone. I've learned that specs aren't everything and this a6 runs this phone very well. I had the opportunity to get the lg g2 for the same price but I wanted to be in a better ecosystem and have a phone that I knew would be supported promptly for the life of the phone and not have to wait and deal with bugs.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
As for the polycarbonate cracking, I've had it slip out of my hands twice and fall flat on its back on the bathroom floor with no case and it made it out damage free. It seems easy to pick up hairline scratches but still durable oddly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

That polycarbonate is as durable as they get. The scratches are probably the glossy coating on the plastic, nothing to worry about. Unless you plan on selling this phone for the next upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I love it. I love that it reminds me of my 3G and 3GS with the way it feels in the hand. I don't think I really miss the difference in the speed, though. I hear the 5S is twice as fast, but hopefully soon I'll have a new iPad Mini retina display with that A7 chip.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Completely satisfied. The build quality is excellent. Seems a little fragile coming from a BlackBerry. But otherwise very good.

Love the plastic, that part feels sturdy.

And for $45 I can't complain.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I do not regret my purchase at all even if my original choice was the 5s. It's like it was meant to be when I kept searching to buy a 5s and all were out of stock. I told myself let's look at the 5c. I mean I was coming from an iPhone 4 so even when people say the 5c is basically a 5 in a different casing it doesn't matter because it's a great upgrade for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the 5S but I bought the 5C for my daughter and the build quality is great. I love the way it feels holding it and the color options make it fun. If it had come in 64GB, I definitely would of considered it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner