After 11.3 update......

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
There's no benefit for it if your cellular signal is good.

Not sure I agree with this. I don't get an LTE signal at my house, so Verizon can only carry voice with CDMA. Doing WiFi calling uses the same HD audio as VoLTE on Verizon, so call quality is much, much higher.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Im wondering is this only on specific carriers. Im in Ireland and a lot of our technology is behind that of America and we tend to get it years later. we havent even got VOLTE here yet its been rolled out soon. Im guessing this is purely an american feature on certain carriers. My carrier status is showing as Wifi calling in my house

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Im wondering is this only on specific carriers. Im in Ireland and a lot of our technology is behind that of America and we tend to get it years later. we havent even got VOLTE here yet its been rolled out soon. Im guessing this is purely an american feature on certain carriers. My carrier status is showing as Wifi calling in my house

I doubt that it has to do with being technologically behind at all.
By allowing WiFi calling while abroad the carrier basically shoots itself in its own legs and feet.
Roaming costs are still a major income for carriers and it’s only natural they will do everything in their power to keep it that way, especially with the EU already having banned most roaming costs.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
It must be. WiFi calling seems to connect as soon as I enter my house but I have 4 bars of signal so if it’s only meant to be coming on when signal is low about 2 bars why am I seeing it. Not that it matters just more curious

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It must be. WiFi calling seems to connect as soon as I enter my house but I have 4 bars of signal so if it’s only meant to be coming on when signal is low about 2 bars why am I seeing it. Not that it matters just more curious

Mine sometimes takes a while to show a change in the status bar. If I'm at -102, and it still shows wifi calling, it won't long. It'll change after a few minutes. The cut off from LTE to wifi calling varies it seems. It's usually at about -108. That would be 1 bar or dot. I'm on iOS 10.1.1. So I still get the numeric value. It seems different now, since I reset network settlngs a few days ago. I get wifi calling as high as -104. Odd. But that may change.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77