Advice on Transcoding

I

iMore Question

I enjoyed the podcast about video transcoding with Don Melton. I downloaded the scripts and have been using them a couple of years to manage the size of my Bluray library. However I recently upgraded to High Sierra and I believe Xcode also. I am not a script guru so I took the scripts as they were posted. However now the detect-crop script no longer runs. I get an error message
-bash: /usr/local/bin/detect-crop: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/bin/ruby: bad interpreter: No such file or directory. When I search for the folder for ruby, I see I have a 2.3 folder but not a 2.0 folder and wondering if it has something to do with the upgrade? Not sure where to look now. Thanks, Mark

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Mark! Welcome to iMore! I have no idea about this. But if you will register in, maybe someone who does will come along.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I bit of digging on Google and I was able to find Don Melton on GitHub. It looks like he's still updating something dealing with video transcoding. You're best bet is to locate a contact address for him so you can ask him questions about your error. Either that, or locate a forum he is on where this script is being discussed.

https://github.com/donmelton/video_transcoding