Advice needed: Buying Apple Watch 3 now or wait until September…

domqui

Jul 22, 2020
Visit site
Dear all,

I am tinkering with the idea of getting an Apple Watch and I am thinking about buying the Series 3 as I do not need/cannot afford the newer Series 5. Since Apple is probably going to introduce the Series 6 in September, what do you think will happen to the Series 3? Will it be discontinued with the Series 5 becoming the new lower budget version? Or will they keep the Series 3 (and maybe make it a bit cheaper)?

Many thanks for your help,
Dominic

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It's impossible to tell. My inclination is to believe that the S3 will continue as the lower-cost option and the S5 will be discontinued as I doubt that Apple will be able to manufacture the S5 at a low enough cost so soon, but anything can happen. I doubt that this will happen, but Apple may introduce a radical new watch design with a high end and low end price point (as when the S1 and the S2 were released in 2016, though it wasn't a radical new design.)

The only way to know for sure is to wait for Apple's announcement and then buy then, when older watches, if they are discontinued, may be available for a lower price until the stock is exhausted.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
As a previous poster stated, it is impossible to predict what Apple will do. For me, if the device I want is available at a reasonable price, I don’t wait. There is always the chance the future price will be cheaper, but the time spent waiting for the price drop is also time without the device and the value I receive from owning it.

Good luck.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
AW3 is about as reasonable as you’re going to get. I also believe it’s going to remain the lower cost alternative and will stay relevant for awhile yet. It’s a very capable watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77