Advertisers 'panicking' as 75% of iOS users refuse to be tracked

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why are they panicking? If they weren’t so invasive or if they hadn’t made it where users weren’t inundated with ads then maybe we wouldn’t choose to opt out. Take ESPN, for example. You can barely watch more than one video without having to endure an ad, and once the ad starts, there isn’t a stop or pause button. It’s ridiculous.

I’ve stated for years that advertisers, in general, couldn’t care less about my desire to not view ads so I don’t care about them allegedly panicking over how many people are choosing to opt out of being tracked. Cry me a river!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with D! But I wouldn’t call it a tantrum and not a panic!

You wouldn't call it a tantrum? It's exactly that.
giphy.gif

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Why are they panicking? If they weren’t so invasive or if they hadn’t made it where users weren’t inundated with ads then maybe we wouldn’t choose to opt out. Take ESPN, for example. You can barely watch more than one video without having to endure an ad, and once the ad starts, there isn’t a stop or pause button. It’s ridiculous.

I’ve stated for years that advertisers, in general, couldn’t care less about my desire to not view ads so I don’t care about them allegedly panicking over how many people are choosing to opt out of being tracked. Cry me a river!

THIS!!

I couldn’t care less about these bastards trying to make my life worse using my devices, that which I payed for, to spy on me and to make money with my personal data!

Well, at least once, and for now, I guess I win! Goodbye dear undesirable ads!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
THIS!!

I couldn’t care less about these bastards trying to make my life worse using my devices, that which I payed for, to spy on me and to make money with my personal data!

Well, at least once, and for now, I guess I win! Goodbye dear undesirable ads!

It will be interesting to see where this goes and if it lasts. I’m glad to see someone is standing up for the consumer for once. Perhaps Apple feels it will gain customers for taking this stance.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly? Good. Let them have a little tantrum over the fact that I want to keep my privacy.

I am so sick of being targeted everywhere. It's one of the reasons why I deleted my social media accounts.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
It will be interesting to see where this goes and if it lasts. I’m glad to see someone is standing up for the consumer for once. Perhaps Apple feels it will gain customers for taking this stance.

Unfortunately I don’t think this will last much longer. Actually I’m convinced that if Apple and Google are ditching this way to mine people’s data, they actually already know how to do it differently and, maybe, more efficiently.

But…

I can guarantee Apple already gained one new/old customer back with its instance: me. Is that sufficient for them? I don’t know.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately I don’t think this will last much longer. Actually I’m convinced that if Apple and Google are ditching this way to mine people’s data, they actually already know how to do it differently and, maybe, more efficiently.

But…

I can guarantee Apple already gained one new/old customer back with its instance: me. Is that sufficient for them? I don’t know.

That would be quite a conspiracy. “We’re protecting you….except.” People would flip out.

I don’t generally trust large corporations. They have proven time and time again they don’t have our best interest, but that would take the cake. I might get a dumb phone at that point.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
That would be quite a conspiracy. “We’re protecting you….except.” People would flip out.

I don’t generally trust large corporations. They have proven time and time again they don’t have our best interest, but that would take the cake. I might get a dumb phone at that point.

I have been thinking of that for a while now, hard to take the step though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8