Advanced Data Protection

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, first thing I noticed is you have to have an account recovery person added. So I added my wife.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well this is interesting. Our Mac Mini is preventing me from turning this on. It’s been updated just like my MacBook Pro. It’s my wife’s device but we’re both admins on it. No issues with the Apple TV’s that we both have our accounts on. Strange.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well this is interesting. Our Mac Mini is preventing me from turning this on. It’s been updated just like my MacBook Pro. It’s my wife’s device but we’re both admins on it. No issues with the Apple TV’s that we both have our accounts on. Strange.

That is odd... has your wife tried to turn it on?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
That is odd... has your wife tried to turn it on?

Not yet. But we both have our logins on all the Apple TV’s and all I had to do was update them. The MM is also updated but I kept getting a message that it needed to be updated. Since I don’t use it much I just removed it from my account and will look into it later.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone enabled it yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm on my way. I have a couple of old Macs that cannot update to Ventura and I've removed iCloud from them (which caused me to move most of my stuff from iCloud Drive to another service). I'm ok without Notes, Safari sync, iCloud Keychain, etc., on these systems.

However, I have a second house with an Apple TV that acts as a HomeKit hub that I'll need to update to 16.2 before I can turn on ADP. I should be there at some point in the next two weeks, so I'll take care of it then.

All that said, I don't feel like a person who might have someone try to access my iCloud, so I don't really need ADP. But I like being in control of my own data and own keys, so I will at least try this out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice