Ads in the iMore app - why?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just went into our Tapatalk dashboard again, and the ads are indeed turned off. Can you uninstall/install again and let me know? If they're still there, may need to do a larger update to push new files!

Ok, so I think there is a little miscommunication between us. Just to be clear, when I use Tapatalk there are no ads whatsoever.

However, when using the iMore forum app, I still get ads ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416963517.663583.jpg

So, did I misunderstand you - that only the tapatalk app has no ads, but iMore still does? Or were you going to turn off the ads on the iMore forum app as well?

Thanks !

Ps. I also deleted/re downloaded the iMore forum app and the ads were still there, per screen shot above.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still seeing them too! They keep activating when I try to scroll and opening the App Store. Very frustrating.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Sorry James, re-install of the iMore app, and ads are still visible...

PS: @ThePinkChameleon the iMore forums apps, 'connects' to TapaTalk to provide the data via a database type connection. Companies like iMore (Mobile Nations) have an account with TapaTalk, and they set up their forums, and thus what users get to see. James has turned off ads, albeit it is still showing up. Maybe a database refresh is needed. But, I'm sure James will figure it out. So, for now, to confirm, the TapaTalk app does NOT show ads, but iMore Forums app does...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry James, re-install of the iMore app, and ads are still visible...

PS: @ThePinkChameleon the iMore forums apps, 'connects' to TapaTalk to provide the data via a database type connection. Companies like iMore (Mobile Nations) have an account with TapaTalk, and they set up their forums, and thus what users get to see. James has turned off ads, albeit it is still showing up. Maybe a database refresh is needed. But, I'm sure James will figure it out. So, for now, to confirm, the TapaTalk app does NOT show ads, but iMore Forums app does...

Thanks for the clarification Ivan !!

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hold tight folks. Something funky going on for sure. I'll get a new build pushed out to iTunes during the holiday... hopefully it resolves the problem *fingers crossed*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepghosh2564